We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

I've read on a couple of recent Vilamendhoo reviews about some disclaimer you have to sign at the airport before you arrive at the island.

What is the disclaimer for? One of the reviews said it's not legally binding, which makes me wonder what it contains!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

It basically says you won't sue them if you get bitten by a titan triggerfish or get hit on the head whilst snorkeling by another guest in a kayak!

It is almost irrelevant as the resort has a duty of care towards its guest and will hold relevant insurance. This disclaimer does no indemnify them against negligence in any sense and could never be used to not pay out in a legal case.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

What happens if you refuse to sign it?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

This was the subject of a previous thread here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k4…

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

Thanks for the information Jody. And thanks Heather for the link to the other thread. Very useful.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

Hi jtm73

We visited Vilamendhoo last October & were handed the disclaimer form to sign in the sea-plane lounge. At first I was dubious as it is not worded particularly well & I had read comments on TA about not signing it. As I was about to embark on a fantastic holiday & did'nt want stress at any point we just signed it with a squiggle and thought no more of it!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

cheers Heather - I'd forgotten about that one...

Ian

7. Re: The disclaimer at Male for Vilamendhoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo