We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel with two small kids

Newyork, NY
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel with two small kids

We are travelling with two small kids age 3 and 4. Me and my wife are planning to take a snorkeling tour from Kanaapali. This will be our first time snorkeling. I am not sure if kids that small would enjoy snorkeling. What options do we have for Kids? The hotel's kid camp won't take any kids younger than 5. Any ideas?

11. Re: Snorkel with two small kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, January 27, 2013
Edited: 2:35 pm, January 27, 2013
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkel with two small kids

Hello,

Can you rent the "lookie boards" ?

And if so , where ?

Thanks ,

dstertz

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
20,376 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Snorkel with two small kids

Snorkel Bob may have some for rent. They are also available for sale (inflatable):

amazon.com/Sea-Window-Calypso-snorkeling-raf…

My daughter was terrified of the idea of snorkeling on our first Maui visit when she was 5 (I suspect she thought we were talking about diving - shark week in the brain). I got her to put on a mask and peek her head underwater at Kapalua bay and the rest was history! Maui has great shore snorkeling anyway.

Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Level Contributor
413 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Snorkel with two small kids

I would also grab some kick boards and pack up to go to Kapalua. They may lose interest in the snokeling but love the beach and seeing some fish as they do come close to shore. They have a place there to rent stuff if you don't have any. At that age I wouldn't spend on a snorkel tour, just to young I think

15. Re: Snorkel with two small kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 29, 2014