We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

Any one stayed at the Terrrace Room, it stated limited view or even no view on the reservation, is there a big different to Resort view?

Will snokeling be ok in Kapalua, will the water be calm in Aug? and Can I enjoy the beach or will it be too windy and Raini?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,886 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

Aloha,

The weather in Kapalua in August will be like the rest of the coastal zones.........hot, dry, very little wind. The ocean will be lovely then all along the north and northwest coast, unless we have a very odd north swell.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

August should be an excellent time for Kapalua - have a great trip.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

I was looking for a long while for info on the Terrace View rooms, but couldn't find it. Then Found tons of great high quality pictures of the Ritz at Oyster.com, and the person taking the pictures was staying in a terrace view.

oyster.com/hawaii/…

Seems that the rooms look out over the pool area, and are just located further back in the resort so you don't really get much, if any, of an ocean view. From this person's photos, you can actually see the ocean while out on the balcony. I think there might be a few rooms in the back corner that don't get much of a view, but seems that most will have a good pool view.

My wife and I are going the last week of June, and people on the forums told me the weather should be great up there, and the ocean may even be a bit calmer. From other reviews I have read, it can get a little windy in the afternoons but I don't think rain should be a problem that time of year.

We were going to get a terrace view room, but ended up in the Club Ocean View room. Got a great deal through American Express Travel where it was only about $700 more (for a 5 night trip) to upgrade to that room, and we also got a $500 resort credit. Factor in the free drinks and snacks in the club lounge and the upgrade to ocean view pays for itself!

I was just going to put up a separate post on the deal, as it was a little tricky to work out.

Edited: 11:55 am, April 04, 2011
Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

The Ritz is a lovely property and August will be great for weather conditions in Kapalua. I wouldn't waste the money on a different view. How much time to you plan on spending in your room? I think you would be wise to use the money for activities or dinner. Just my opinion.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,921 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

ANY room at the Ritz is nice. The hotel is great and does a nice job.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,881 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

This whole "wind and rain" thing has taken on a life of it's own on this forum! And it's just crazy nuts! There MAY be wind...it keeps ya from wilting when it's 80! There MAY indeed be some rain...tis the most gorgeous and green area of the island for a reason and we ain't talkin' irrigation! We love the area and spend time there every year, IN WINTER...every morning means a "check", for my tribe of Honolua! No it's not always perfect and they deal, great boarding at Fleming too. The key to a great vacation is dealing with what is thrown at you...honest! They make the best memories as well!

7. Re: Ritz Carlton - Terrace Room ok? Windy/Rain in Aug?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kapalua