We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

CAlifornia
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

we'd like to kayak (not a snorkel kayak trip) in relatively calm area. We are here for thanksgiving.

mahalo

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

You can rent kayak's at the beach activities shack right on the beach at Kapalua Bay. Conditions this time of year are iffy, so make sure you have an alternative activity in case of choppy water or rain!!

CAlifornia
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

thanks ms fuzz.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

msfuzz - that beach shack was removed whey they tore down the Bay Hotel. It wasn't there in the fall of 07 when we stayed in Napili. This past September we were in South Maui and stayed pretty close to home so we didn't get up that way. Are the new timehares finished and have they re-opened the activities shack? If not, the Ritz Carlton may have something available. Worth checking with them.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

VC, when I was at Kapalua Bay in July of 08 the beach shack was there!! I haven't been since then so it may or may not be there, but you can always check out Kapalua Dive Shop, will know what to do!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

Just returned from Napili Bay in November. The beach shack in Kapalua is still there and open.

United States
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

Msfuzz did you find the kayaks? Where exactly and how much did it cost?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

Aloha smart, The last time I was at Kapalua Bay was in July 08. I was on Maui this past April, but didn't make it to Kapalua Bay. Don't know if the shack is still there or not. If it is, it is located on the far right side of the beach itself. If it's not there, check with the folks at Kapalua Dive Shop or at the new adventure center.

8. Re: can you rent kayaks at kapalua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 10, 2010