We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

M E
Glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Good Afternoon,

I'm hoping you can help me please, I'm getting married in March in Truro and there will only, the future hubby and our baby, ewe;ve booked a photographer.

When i booked the ceremony, the woman at the registry office said that we shouldn't really have a problem finding witnesses as it's quite a busy road but wondered if there are any other people who can confirm this, i'm a really worrier and the thought of not getting married becuase of no witnesses really scares me.

We'll be on holiday, we live in Scotland and we're keeping the day a secret until we get back as this is what we want. Our family won't mind and with no one knowing it takes a lot of the pressure off us.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

M

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Why don't you ask your photographer whether s/he has a couple of people who could stand for you?

Failing that, I'm sure the reg. office will have a couple of staff members who could spare the time - if you ask ahead of time.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Hi there

It may be a busy road in Truro but I wonder how many people would have the time to nip inside for the duration of the ceremony? What if you can't find anyone, or have to spend 20 minutes finding a couple of people? Will the Registry Office wait? - I doubt it if there are other couples waiting. It's taking a chance for sure and I would rather make some definite arrangements rather than leave it to chance.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
920 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Hi, second above posts and would explain your predicament to the Photographer I'm sure they can help :-) Don't leave it to chance!!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,924 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Alternatively if you post the date then maybe some forum inhabitants who are free can come along and do the deed

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

The registry office is right by county hall, so if you were pushed you could pop into reception and ask if anyone could help. Alternatively pop over the road to Sainsburys and ask in there.

Although it is on a busy road, it's not one that has a lot of pedestrians, so I don't fancy your chances of standing outside and waiting!

I am sure your photographer will oblige, or maybe if you staying in a hotel there will be someone there who can help?

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Just to correct a statement above - the register office staff are not allowed to act as witnesses, so don't rely on that. Fix up the witnesses beforehand, as if you are late the ceremony may well not take place.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Has this been resolved as I live locally?

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

Not Truro, but just to prove people will act as witnesses for stranges, a couple we know decided to get married in Brighton about 10 years ago, just as they were finishing university, where they'd met. The asked the first people they saw when they got out of the cab outside the registry office. It was Norman Cook and Zoe Ball, who happily obliged. Isn't that nice?

Truro, Cornwall
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

I live in Truro and my husband and I would be happy to witness for you. If it is not too late, let us know....

Kerry

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Registry Office Wedding in Truro - No witnesses!!

It was March, but the OP has never returned to the forum, so we don't know if they managed to tie the knot or not