We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza

We are currently making a reservation at Hacienda Esperanza and would LOVE a room recommendation! We're doing 2 nights there, and we are looking at the Magnolia Suite (there are only 2 of us).

Can you tell me which room you were in?

We're attracted to the kitchen in the Magnolia Suite so that we don't have to do all of our meals in restaurants.

Thanks!

Mirado La Bufa
Mountains, Lookouts
City Hall (Presidencia Municipal)
Government Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bar Gariton
Bars & Clubs, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
3 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,148 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza

When we stayed there in 2010, we stayed in the Hydrangea room for one night. That's the one on the main level with a queen bed and a small loft (which would be perfect for a couple and a kid).

When we stayed there, we arrived in the afternoon (Debra picked us up at La Estancia) and left about 22 hours later. They didn't have a taxi from La Estancia to SS then. But, then, Debra was making a huge breakfast (which I hear she no longer does ---- you get a bottle of wine instead) so, for only one night, we just needed to go to dinner and then a late lunch the next day. No point in having a kitchen. Also, I don't do stairs well so we wanted the room on the main level.

If you're staying for two nights, a kitchen makes sense. I've seen the Magnolia Suite but can't remember details of it. This was almost two years ago.

Hacienda Esperanza is a very special, unique place. I hope you enjoy it. Have you already gone there or are you still planning? We were there in mid-April in 2010 and didn't want to leave.

toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Do you remember if they had access to banks or ATM's in town? or should we bring enough cash to get us through our 3-day stay?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza

I think I remember seeing an ATM on the plaza, which surprised me. (I carried enough cash for my visit because I wasn't expecting that.)

The hacienda now has its first review, where I gave as much information as I could on, well, mostly the one room I stayed in. (I was impressed; there's probably not a bad room in the bunch.)

Reply to: Room recommendation for Hacienda Esperanza
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Sebastian del Oeste