We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hi All,

We are visiting DLP April 20th for four nights.

Our 3 year daughter is Disney Princess MAD!!

Our primary aim is to get as many interactions with Disney princesses as possible! Aside from Princess Pavilion, it looks like character dining at ADC is our best bet.

As we are staying half board plus, can anyone advise what cash we'd have to pay on top of trading in our meal plan vouchers please? Also, is there a difference in lunch and dinner experiences (aside from the food of course), such as number of princesses to meet or which princesses will be there?

Any other tips for meeting princesses greatly appreciated too :)

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Savernake, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hello

We are also going to DLP but the week before you. Planning on the princess lunch at ADC as well!

Two years ago when our daughter was 3 years (she is 5.5 years now), we went to DLP and did the ADC lunch. I highly recommend it - you should definitely do it if your daughter is into the princesses!

It is expensive (I'm thinking Eur55 per adult and Eur30 per child is the ballpark) but worth it for princess interaction. The restaurant and food is very refined (well as refined as Disney can manage!), but your little girl will feel like it is a huge deal and a real treat because the ambiance is very well done.

I believe there are 3 princesses at a minimum and Cinderella is always there. When we went we also had Belle and Ariel (in a dress not mermaid).

There also will likely be some other characters like the mice from the Cinderella movie

The characters work their way slowly around the room and chat a bit with each child and take pictures. Some are more friendly than others, mainly I think due to their proficiency at English. But my daughter was very pleased with everything, she was downright speechless when the princess came over! Made me feel like the experience could have cost double and I'd be happy to pay!

Sadly my only complaint is that from what I've heard Elsa/Anna do not make an appearance. I find this quite infuriating that you cannot see the Frozen girls in person anywhere at DLP. Seems it would be easy for them to appear at the ADC lunch!

Anyways- the Princess Pavillion when we were there 2 years back was a mess. Very long line and frustrating to not know how it would turn out. Fortunately we got to meet Aurora which was her favorite at the time. But it was a long wait and tiring for us all.

I know they did some work on it, so I hope it runs better although I'm not optimistic!

But it is sort of a must when you have a little girl that wants to meet them all!!

Like I said the biggest fall down here is not having Frozen available! This makes me wish we were going to Orlando. I thought for sure there would be access to Frozen!

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful time!

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hi,

That's great, thanks for the helpful advice! We have decided to book it and *try* not worry too much about the cost!

It is a shame that Anna and Elsa aren't included in character meet and greets because they are two of our daughter's favourites. She will be overjoyed if Rapunzel, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle are there though.

I just need to figure out now whether a lunch or dinner sitting will fit in best with our plans.

Our intention for Princess Pavilion is to start queuing for tickets during the Extra Magic Hours (we are staying at the Newport Bay Club) when the queues are at their least busy.

Have a great time too!

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
South Wales, UK
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Weve ate at ADC twice using HBplus vouchers - sorry i cant be helpful on the price off my head (i can ask hubby later) - it is really really worth it for the interaction in itself. If your planning on the pavilion aswell there is a chance you could meet the same princess twice, you never know whos in ADC - we qued in pavilion and seen repunzel then when we ate two days later she was in ADC! Not a problem for us but just mentioning. Take an autograph book!

We booked for 1pm as this worked well for us, we were not rushed atall and out in time for the afternoon parades etc (depending on your programme) - plus the kids were quite wide awake still!!

The biggest advice i can give is make sure you book well in advance!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

& if your HB plus id definatly book cafe mickey also for the character interaction- the vouchers cover this.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hi,

Thanks for the info! If 1pm would fit nicely in with parades etc then I will remember that when we make our reservations!

Where did you have your other meals? Any that you can recommend?

At the moment we are thinking: Chez Remy, Walt's, Cafe Mickey and ADC.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,567 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

We were there 4 nights.

- arrived with a late flight so missed first nights meal!

- next evening we ate at cafe mickeys, we booked for after dreams- my daughters loved the character interaction here! They make a joke with adults also!

- we ate at Annette's the next evening after dreams - you can eat elsewhere and have better value for your vouchers but as there was two groups of us with children there was something we all liked here!

- ADC 1pm day after- perfect time in my opinion! It was also a nice midday break after two very long days in the parks previous, we then had a cheap McDonald's later that evening.

- last day We left teatime for the airport and ate a filling late lunch at cafe mickeys again before we left - we all just love it here so wanted to make the most of it as I think this is the best value for HB plus vouchers as you have characters and the children love it! Keeps them happy!!

A lot of people recommend inventions but you will have to add cash value.

Walts was one we considered but choose CM a second time instead - I will consider this if we ever go again!

A friend of ours ate at chez remy and they really recommend it also!

Hubby's home - for a family of four he had to put just over 100euro towards our bill.- it is worth it though. Hubby even says this and hes not keen on 'fancy food' as he puts it and he would still 100per cent recommend it!

Mentioned in this post
Annette's Diner
Annette's Diner
4,145 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hey there will be a few meet and greets around the park also where your lo will get to meet some princesses.

Princess Tiana or friends

Place: Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing – Frontierland

Meet’n’Greet with Merida

Place: Facing Cowboy Cookout Barbecue – Frontierland

Alice or friends (I know not a Princess, but nice to meet)

Place: In front of Alice’s Curious Labyrinth – Fantasyland

There will also be a new show in the Chaparral Theater in Fromtier Land. Here is what Disney say about it;

The Forest of Enchantment: a Disney musical adventure. A brand new show created in the spirit of Broadway musicals will be performed at Disneyland® Park from 10 February 2016. The Forest of Enchantment: a Disney musical adventure pays a heartfelt tribute to nature and the forest, with help from Disney heroes and heroines.

In turn, Pocahontas and John Smith, Baloo and King Louie (The Jungle Book), Tarzan, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, not forgetting Merida (from Brave), will appear on stage to give live performances of the legendary songs from their films.

You will love Auberge, great way to have fantastic interaction with the princesses. You will have a ball!!!

Edited: 3:47 pm, January 20, 2016
Mentioned in this post
Merida
Merida
Province of Badajoz, Spain
Cowboy Cookout Barbecue
Cowboy Cookout Barbecue
625 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
36,292 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

In terms of where else to eat. We loved chez remy and walts, fab food and great atmosphere in both. Blue Lagoon is another nice one. The kids absolutely love cafe mickey.

Edited: 3:50 pm, January 20, 2016
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,314 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Hi. I don't think the prices and menu have changed in Auberge since I took photos in early December. They might change in April for spring & summer. 69€ adult, 39€ child aged 3-11.

https:/…

I'm not sure of the euro values for HB Plus vouchers in April yet, but up to 23rd March they are worth 34€ adult, 16€ child.

The only Plus category restaurant I am not as keen on is Parkside Diner in hotel New York, but that is because it is smaller than other buffets so less choice, and for Diner theming I prefer Annette's in the Disney Village. I like Cafe Mickey for breakfast, but havn't had lunch or dinner there since the menu changed.

I have photos of buffets and table service in my albums on Flickr but also check recent ones with reviews on TA and other forums or facebook. I believe Manhattan Restaurant is being used as an extension to Parkside Diner at present, or for private events, so not open as table service. I havn't eaten in Yacht Club in the Newport recently as it has been closed on my trips.

Chez Remy, Walts and Blue Lagoon are some of my favourites.

Mentioned in this post
Parkside Diner
Parkside Diner
328 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Annette's Diner
Annette's Diner
4,145 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disney Village
Disney Village
4,337 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,567 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Manhattan Restaurant
Manhattan Restaurant
141 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Newport
Newport
South Wales, UK
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meeting Princesses / Auberge De Cendrillon

Thanks for all the messages of advice guys, really appreciated :)

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics