We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Offers for Dec 2014

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
620 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Offers for Dec 2014

I'm looking for offers formdec 2014. Due to various constraints we can only stay 3 nights so cannot enjoy the 2 night free offer ( or rather will put it to waste- it's the same price!,) does anyone know if DLp will eventually come up with 30% or 50% offers? I'm looking at either Disneyland Hotrl or Hitel New York. Thanks,

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

They did a 40% offer which was released in August last year for November/December dates. It was perfect for us as we were staying 5 nights. However, there are no guarantees as to what they might do this year.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
620 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

Thanks. Just curious, if I have booked already, would I be able to change my booking later to enjoy a later offer? When I booked my WDW trip through a TA, I was able to do that (Subject to availability).

thanks!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

Hi, it shouldn't be a problem, I do it all the time! You just need to be sure that the total cost stays the same, or increases.

For example, last year we had booked under a two nights free offer but then a 40% offer came out which worked out cheaper for us. I was able to take advantage of it by adding a chatacter meal. You could also do it by adding a meal plan, or upgrading your room type or hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
620 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

Thanks. I got a quote from an agent (similar to doing it online) for 2 rooms at Newport Bay at 1192GBP for 4N/5D, and New York at 1356GBP for 2 rooms (there are 5 of us - I prefer two rooms for the additional space and bathrooms!) I checked the prices for Hotel Elysee and tickets booked separately and its coming up to approx Euro $1600. Am I better off booking at the Disney Hotels? Frankly New York doesn't look that nice to me and reviews aren't fantastic. How about Newport Bay? Will the refurbishment be done by Dec 2014?

Lastly, are EMH's likely everyday in Dec? I'll be there Dec 10-13 (leaving on the 14th) which is Thur-Sat. Understand the crowd levels may be low, so may not need the EMHs anyway.

Help!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

Hi, based on previous years, EMH will be daily in December. I wouldn't expect the parks to be too busy on the weekdays but Saturday and Sunday will be heaving.

The Newport Bay refurb is behind schedule and unlikely to be finished by the end of the year. Have you considered the Sequoia Lodge? It's recently been refurbished and looks great during Christmas season. Saying that, we really liked the New York too.

It can certainly work out more affordable to stay offsite, but I tend to think that for a first visit there's nothing quite like staying in a Disney hotel.

6. Re: Offers for Dec 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, May 17, 2015