We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October or April?

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
October or April?

Contemplating a trip to DLP with my 5 and 2 yr olds.

We are restricted to UK school holidays, and I'm considering October 2014 or April 2015. Is either likely to be better in terms of crowds? Weatherwise they seem similar. Pricing is similar too, with 2 nights free in April, but this works out as similar to 20% off and free half board in October.

The eurostar is 660 for the four of us in October, Is it likely I would be able to get much cheaper than that in the Easter holidays if I booked very early?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: October or April?

Rachael is right, it can be done. Just don't wait for the fares to be appear online, as thy are invariably available over the phone first.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: October or April?

Lol you can be part of the lets ring the Eurostar everyday gang.

There a lot of us in it !

I'm hoping for cheap tickets for February half term

It can be done ;)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: October or April?

But you might not have any fingernails left by the end...!

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: October or April?

Thankyou for the advice, it seems the April tickets may be released July/August then. Still undecided though!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: October or April?

It's been august for the last couple of year there will be a thread on here about it don't worry .

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: October or April?

Thanks! Erring on the side of April at the moment!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: October or April?

At least you sound closer to a decision ;+) As Rachael says, we've got a long running thread about Eurostar which is regularly updated with release dates so keep an eye out for it.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: October or April?

I always go April!! It's my fave time to go personally. Spring festival should be on and weather is often good (in the last 2 years we haven't seen any rain) the street sellers are out if it's nice weather. And if spring festival is the same as this year it's a must see. I'm not a big Halloween person so that doesn't float my boat but each to their own :) you also have the park open til 9.30 or 10 so can stay in to the eve in the park and it's still warm enough to walk back to the hotel late. xxx

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
270 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: October or April?

french school holidays start at 11th April (zone A) with the greater paris region starting 18th April. This makes easter quite appealing depending on when your school holidays are (our schools last day is 27th March so that week after would be perfect for us). October overlaps with all french regions and historically halloween is packed.

Edited: 7:16 am, May 07, 2014
20. Re: October or April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics