We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

Hi im looking at driving down to Ashford the night before so it wont be such a early start for the kids has anyone stayed at either of the travelloge or premier inn on the eurika park? Looked at the reviews and was a little worried about the travelloge but the other is nearly double the price :-(

Mentioned in this post
Ashford
Ashford
Kent, UK
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

I was going to book the Travelodge but it was £46!

I looked at Premier Inn and got our room for £29- bargain! It's only somewhere to sleep for the night so I'd book whichever is cheapest, although if there wasn't much in it I'd go for Premier Inn and they're much nicer and the staff are always lovely (haven't stayed in a travelodge for years but I'm sure the staff there are lovely too!) :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

I've stayed in lots of premier inns and have never had a problem, the walls are a big thin by have always managed a decent nights sleep. We are traveling down to dover and staying in a premier inn tomorrow ready for our 8.30am ferry on Thursday :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

We stopped at the travelodge and was perfectly fine. Doing the same this summer too.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

We fretted over the reviews but was nothing like some said. Rooms were clean, bed comfy, staff couldn't do anymore! Plenty of restaurants nearby so all happy here

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

Its £26 for travel lodge and £48 for premier inn I was worried about the reviews for the travel lodge but its only somewhere to sleep for one night I suppose. I was hoping premier inn would come down in price but cant see it happening. Thanks for all your help :-)

cheshire
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

I have stayed at the travelodge a fair few times now and it has been great on every occasion, we have 2 rooms booked again for May and at £33 a night, you can't go wrong. For what you need it for its perfect if you ask me.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,861 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

I LOVE Travelodge! But then I am a bit of a tight wad when it comes to such things.

If Premier inn was the same price then I'd probably go for that, but we've been in five different travelodges in the passed twelve months (central London and airport ones) and the staff are always really friendly and helpful.

Take your own toiletries though as some don't provide shampoo, which is stated on their website that it's one way they keep there prices so low (though some reviewers clearly don't bother reading such info then moan about it). Though the one dd and I stayed in last night did provide shampoo, it was so weak I must have used a gallon!

Have to boast here that my best Travelodge bargain was £12 for a family room last year at Gatwick Airport!

No I don't work for them!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
826 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

Have you also looked at the Ashford North Premier Inn? It's often cheaper that the other one and is perfectly fine.

Mentioned in this post
Ashford
Ashford
Kent, UK
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

All booked :-) checked one last time on premier inn and price has come down to £29 very happy Disney holiday is all booked and paid so now just have to wait, November can't come quick enough.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,861 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travellodge or premier inn at Ashford? ?

Glad you're booked Karee, can't grumble at £29!

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics