We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Ballston Lake, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Hello! My husband and I are going on a babymoon to Rome & Paris, and while we're in Paris we'll be visiting Disneyland Paris for a day (we've never been before). We'll just be doing one day at Parc Disneyland, not the Studios. I'll be about 18 weeks pregnant when we're there.

I've been to Walt Disney World (Orlando) 9 times now, so I'm very familiar with most of the rides. I obviously know to avoid the coasters, & any "spinny" rides. I'm wondering though, about the rides that are similar to their WDW counterparts but are different to some degree, I just don't know *how* different.

Are there any rides that you'd think may not be obvious to avoid, but ones that you'd recommend avoiding? For example, are there any major differences with Pirates or Phantom Manor that would cause concern? I imagine that some rides might be discouraged because of lap-bars, but as long as I'll still fit comfortably I wouldn't necessarily rule something out just because of that.

Sorry if this is a little vague, but thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Hi and welcome to the forum. And congratulations!

We have some questions in the top questions list to the right about expectant mothers, you can't always see it if using a phone. Here's a link from it,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

And from the official website,

disneylandparis.co.uk/practical-information/…

Edited: 2:53 pm, March 14, 2014
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Pirates at DLP has a largish drop in it , which is sadly missing at WDW. Space Mountain in DLP is a looping coaster, unlike WDW. Phantom Manor is roughly similar.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,267 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Hi,

If you get a Pregnancy Pass from City Hall it should list the rides that are or are not considered suitable. We have a few threads about this in the TQ list on the right. In this thread, post 21, osprey lists the rides where the Pregnancy Pass cannot be used -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Edited: 3:10 pm, March 14, 2014
Ballston Lake, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Thanks to you both for your responses. Sounds like Pirates will be scratched from my list so far.

Figgygirl - I have read the various pregnancy information including that thread and post. That basically is what lead to my question. If I were going to WDW, I wouldn't think twice about riding Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Snow White, Peter Pan...so that's why I was wondering if there were differences, or what the reason was that these rides were not allowed with the pregnancy pass.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

I am pretty sure you cannot ride peterpan at dlp during pregnancy due to the restraint resting on your tummy.

Edited: 4:03 pm, March 14, 2014
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Peter Pans Flight can be quite jolty, you'd also need to climb down a ladder if it got stuck I should think.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

I can verify - you need to climb down a ladder. It was very wobbly! I'm uber cautious but wouldn't risk the drops on pirates, although I know some pregnant women who have and were fine.

Ballston Lake, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Thank you all! This is very helpful. Sounds like there aren't going to be many rides on the acceptable list, but being there only one day, I'm more interested in soaking up the atmosphere. Plus it sounds like there is a lot more to "see" - the dragon, the labyrinth, etc.

I'm just curious, any guesses as to why they suggest pregnant women avoid Phantom Manor?

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

Not sure about Phantom Mannor, I never think it's especially jolty. I wonder if they're worried about the elevator mechanism failing in the stretching room?

Poole, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with pregnancy-suitable rides

I travelled to disneyland paris at 21 weeks a couple of years ago and the list they provide gave me a good guide. I found I didn't use the pass tbh as felt fine walking around. I went on Peter pan I think but I didn't go on pirates of the caribean. I went on haunted mansion. You'll have a fab time, there will be more rides to go on than you think!