We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from CDG

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Train from CDG

Hello!

I'm just researching prices for the TGV from CDG airport.....on the website it's asking me to choose an exact time and prices vary massively depending on time. I'm nervous about doing this incase of flight delays etc. and also it's much more expensive than I thought....£63 return for 2 adults; which is out of my budget to be honest! How much would it be; in people's experience; to be pay on the day?

http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/passenger-details

Is there any cheaper options?

I travel early Saturday so Iv left it abit last minute!

Thanks for your help!

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from CDG

Hiya, is it just 2 adults in total travelling? If so TGV is definitely one of the cheaper options for you.

I don't know about prices on the day but your other options would be the VEA shuttle bus which is 18euros per adult each way or a private taxi transfer which would be around 70euros each way.

There's another company rstransport who offer a shared shuttle service that I've just paid 90euro return for (3 people)

DLP take around 45mins-1hr to drive to from CDG, a fair bit further than a lot think. TGV is much faster if that's also a consideration for you x

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from CDG

Thank you for replying!

There's 4 adults and a one year old. But we are all coming back diff days - just to confuse things! Looking at 2 adult returns, and 2 adults + baby one way (as we are spending our last day in Paris itself)

Iv got all the prices off the train website.....but am nervous that they will be more expensive if booked on the day!

Will look into the other options thank you! X

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from CDG

If you're all going together I'd def look into the private transfer. Ezyshuttle & isprestige get good reviews & you can book a one way journey. Then maybe TGV back if it works out cheaper.

I can't link as I'm on my phone but if you put TGV into the forum search quite a lot of threads come up. Also on the main paris forum there's some real travel experts.

Have a great trip.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from CDG

One more question.....the VEA website lists the hotels it stops at, but we are staying outside the park so where would it drop us?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from CDG

If you buy on the day, you will pay the highest price shown on voyages-sncf.com

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from CDG

Another option, and possibly the cheapest, would be to take the RER train from CDG into central Paris and change lines at Chatelet les Halles to head to Marne la Vallee, the Disney station. It's a bit of a faff with luggage and a baby but do-able.

I'd say it would take at least 90 minutes, the you would obviously need to transfer from Marne la Vallee to your hotel. Where are you staying?

Edited: 6:59 pm, March 04, 2014
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from CDG

Walk up TGV prices will vary with the type of ticket you purchase and seat availability. Prices vary from 18€ to 35€ depending upon the departure time and availability.

Taking the the RER B, connecting at Châtelet to RER A will probably take close to 1+45 and cost 16.60€.

As stated previously, the VEA bus is 18€. In the past the VEA bus has dropped off at nearby hotels such as the Kyriad but there is a shuttle bus connecting many of the closeby hotels with the park/RER/TGV stations.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from CDG

Thank you everybody for being so helpful!

We are staying at the adagio val d'europe just outside of disney- what stop would we be best to get of f the VEA shuttle as this seems like probably the best option! Seems less hassle and on the cheapest priced :)

9. Re: Train from CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics