We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

glasgow
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

I am so excited. I'm leaving the 24th dec as this is my daughters big Christmas present. She doesn't know yet and trying to figure out an excuse as to why going on a plane and also how to tell her on Christmas Day. Was thinkin. Maybe could get a Santa to record a video message to play to her on Christmas Day :/

Ideas welcome

We are staying in the kyriad. Fingers crossed hotel is ok.

Anyone else going over Christmas? X

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

We're going on 26th for second yr running, and again it's a surprise for our children. (Tho I think my daughter may have read a text to my Mum about it)!

Last yr I made them all little personalised memory books and wrapped them up in about 10 layers of paper I also put a little 'ticket' inside the last layer which said 'if you received this gift you must be going to disneyland tomorrow' their faces were an absolute picture I'll never forget them. I gave them to them after they had opened all their other 'Santa/mum n dad gifts' so when they got to my mums they knew why all their aunts and uncles had given them euros lol.

Like I say I think my daughter knows this yr, so we're not going to make them unwrap anything, we're going to let them open their gifts then at breakfast I'm going to suggest we wear a Christmas cracker hat, because I've made more little tickets and hidden them in the crackers, so when they pull them lots of glitter will fall out with their 'ticket' :0) stupid big softie I am I know, but I think I'd have loved surprises like this lol

How old is your daughter? You could tell her Santa can't get to England this yr so your going to stay somewhere closer to where he can deliver, then do something special like a letter from Santa saying enjoy Disney! If she doesn't believe anymore it may be a bit more of a challenge, but anything is possible lol :0)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Get me Santa can't get to England!! Maybe telling her he can't get to Scotland might help your cause lol :o)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Rainbow, they are BRILLIANT ideas!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Jofar, it happens every now and again haha :o)

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Wow great idea!!!! iI will def do this when our Ds is a bit older :)

Hope that ye have a fab time. Im beginning to think Christmas time is the Best time of year to go !!!!!!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Fab ideas. We are there 24-29. I can't wait.

My daughter has just turned 4 and is princess daft :) x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Why not send them a letter from Santa saying he needs their help and that they need to go on a plane to a different country because he has a special job to do. Maybe put a time and date (i.e. xmas day) to meet and take them to see Santa in DLP then...

I love Christmas it's my fave time of year and I love planning surprises for the kids it's great, Christmas is a lovely time to visit, even if it rains you don't notice :)

Huntingdon, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Hi we're also going xmas eve ? What will you do about childrens Xmas presents? That's what I'm struggling with take a few? Or have them when there back

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Hi Cal, welcome to the forum! I'd take a few little ones and have the rest when I get back - in my dream Christmas trip anyway!

glasgow
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone going to be at Disneyland over Christmas?

Hi Cal, I go on Christmas Eve too. I'm

Planning on taking a few small gifts. I got my daughter kidizoom twist camera so she can use it. Taking that, leapster explorer and a few Disney dolls. All small things. My plan is for wee yin to leave cookie n milk etc before goin into the taxi and then when they in taxi I plan to put the presets under the tree once n break cookie up n drink the milk so looks like when come home Santa has been.

I am taking wrapping paper etc with me to wrap them up x