We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for the Studio park

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tips for the Studio park

Hi guys, could you give me some tips for the studio park? what rides are a must? were 2 x adults and a 9 year old, we went to Disney last Xmas on a whim and didnt even go into the Studio park,lol the main park was so busy that we just chilled in there for a few days and loved it.

I would love some tips for the Studio park please, best rides? any shows worth seeing? are there any decent places to eat in the Studio park for lunch?

were off this week so very exited, staying at SL

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Arrive before 9.30 as they seem to open gates at 9.30. Head straight for Crush and join the queue as it gets very long later in the day. Also moteurs action stunt show worth a watch! We enjoyed tram tours this afternoon. Grab a fast pass for tower of terror. Enjoy!

England, U.K
Level Contributor
612 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for the Studio park

If you like thrill rides I highly recommend Crush's Coaster, but the lines for this are usually very long and it doesn't have FP. If you want to ride it, get to the park for opening time (usually the gates open at 9:30 and the rides open at 10:00) and go there straight away. Other thrill rides we like are Rock n Rollercoaster, a fast looping rollercoaster in the dark. My husband likes Tower of Terror, a drop tower, but I am not a fan! For shows we love Animagique, a UV sort of puppet type show. Hard to describe well, but very good. Stitch Live is also quite good and funny. Toy Story Playland is also good and well theamed. The Stars and Cars parade is also good to watch. A lot of people say negative things about the Studios park (and I can understand why), but my 5 year old nephew preferred this park to the Disneyland Park!

For food we usually eat at either Restaurant de Stars (a buffet) or The Blockbuster Cafe for a counter service meal.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Stitch live is an absolute must, highlight of our last trip. Don't miss Cinemagique either. On the negative side, Armageddon is awful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Thanks guys, can I sound daft, what is Stitch live and Cinemagique?

There was such long ques on everything last Xmas that we probably didn't do everything in the main park either, lol we waited for everything, rides, food, toilets, tea, coffee lol, we didn't even get to do the train around the park, we waited over an hour and were then told its broken down:(

But we knew we had annual passs so would be back, think I remember getting a free coupon for another tea or coffee in the afternoon if we bought one in the morning, do they still do that?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for the Studio park

we loved the studios more than the main park..we liked most things in the studios, whilst in the main park only a handful of rides (we did it all except for the mad hatter and those 2 closed rides, we liked Buzz, son and hubby Orbitron which I didnt do, autopia so so, petar pan so so, son loved the carousel, hubby thunder mountain and the haunted mansion)..however we found animagique a waste of time. son and i liked stitch, husband said he wouldnt go to see it if it would be only us adults without a child.

son loved slinky dog but your son will find it a kids ride and boring most likely.

rallye rouge is nice, i didnt like the parachutes but youll like it most likely.

no idea about rc racer..hubby liked crush coaster..we didnt do any other ride there.

stars and cars is a nice parade.

we all liked the animation center.

Edited: 3:30 pm, October 20, 2013
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,412 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Stitch live is where Stitch( on a screen) talks to members of the audience, usually taking the mickey, so make sure you go when your language is being used.

Cinemagique is basically an amusing trip through the history of cinema with a few twists on the way, great show and a comfy seat for 30 mins, always go every trip.

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for the Studio park

I second Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. They are both fantastic if you're into thrill rides. You do have to do Crush's Coaster as it is the must do ride - but somehow i was a little bit underwhelmed by it ,don't know why.

Both Annimagique and Cinemagique are brilliant in different ways and Stitch Live is hilarious !!!

If your there on a week day then it should be relatively easy to do everything you want. xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Thanks guys, really appreciate your input, looking forward to it now.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,053 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Hi pjs,

If you have a full day in the Studios, and look at the park map before you go to see where things are, you should be able to do most things if you get there before 09.30.

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/…

Notice that the park is in the shape of Mickey's head!

dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/…

I can post you a park map if there is time, but what day do you go?

Dining is more limited in the Studios, and some places can be closed at off peak times, but going in the busy Halloween holidays I would hope they are all open. Restaurant des Stars is a buffet. Blockbuster Cafe and En Coulisse are counter service. Cafe des Cascadeurs is American Diner type food, table service.

Try to plan rides around the theatre shows, and check the times for Stitch Live in English, which is funny for all ages. Your 9 yr old may not be interested in Disney Junior but that also has separate shows in English.

You can see some showtimes on the park programme, which you can pick up at the entrances to both parks.

If your son likes thrill rides, start with Crush, get Fastpasses for Tower of Terror, then do RC Racer. When you have used your TOT Fastpass (or after 2 hours) you can get ones for Rock n Rollercoaster. Then look at showtimes to see if any of them are starting soon. The theatres are large capacity apart from Stitch Live, which is much smaller, and that has a seat availability countdown at the entrance.

disneylandparis.co.uk/content/GB/EN/Neutral/…

Stars n Cars Parade is quite short, but worth watching to see Characters you won't see in the other park.

Edited: 10:07 am, October 21, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips for the Studio park

Thanks Figgygirl, were off on g23rd very early in the morning, flying into CDG so no time to post but thx for the offer.

Do you think SL hotel will let us check in early? We arrive at 08.00am so should be at the hotel for 9 am also do we have to give them a breakfast time every morning? We've done the Emh and there wasn't really a lot open so not sure we want to do that everyday.

Will still have spare tickets so if anyone's short of money and needs them drop me a pm, there going to go to wasteI otherwise

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics