We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading to castle club?

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Upgrading to castle club?

What's the chances of being able to upgrade when we check in on jan 5th. I really want to upgrade but the prices are crazy. I'm hoping there is a small chance of being able to do it once were there for little bit less. Then I don't want to wait and be told no room in castle club so can't upgrade :/ such a hard choice! Help!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

I've heard if people doing it so it's a possibility but there's no predicting availability. We considered upgrading for our trip this December and were advised that we should decide sooner rather than later as apparently Castle Club is especially popular during Christmas Season.

Remember that it's still Christmas season when you arrive and many European countries will still be on school holiday.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

Hi scar - like Lelly said, there is no guarantee of availability if you chose to do it this way, but from personal experience we paid waayyyyyyy less by upgrading at check-in as opposed to booking in advance. I think you need to decide if you will be content in a standard DLH room without the castle club extra's or not. For our first time we were so excited about staying in DLH that I would not have minded if we could not upgrade and we had a wait and see attitude to the price difference. This time we are going in october for my 40th and I have been saying for ever that I wanted to stay in Castle Club for the occasion and have saved the extra money for it. Even though I know we could have maybe saved a fortune by waiting till we checked in - this timeI absolutely have to stay there and would have cried if we had turned up and there had been no availability - I guess you will have to decide which situation applies to you - have a brilliant trip whatever you decide - Castle Club or not, the DLH is an amazing place to stay !

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

Disneyland has prolonged its Christmas season until Jan 6 or 7th because its Orthodox Christian Christmas (Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, etc...6.1. Christmas eve), so it might be actually rather full in Disneyland. Thus its hard to say,

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

That's the approach we're taking. We've got a special anniversary coming up in a year or so tbat want to spend in Castle Club so we're specifically saving for that.

For this December's trip we've decided not to upgrade in advance but we're going to enquire at check in and if there's availability then it's meant to be!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

Good idea, I know I'll be enquiring upon check in, just for research purposes of course!

Edited: 8:48 am, September 09, 2013
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

I'll be sure to report back!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

I think how it works is, if you ask them on check in they charge you the difference between rack rate for a standard room. So - if like most of us - you have booked with a heavy discount, then the difference between them is much less then booking in advance.

For instance, our trip in october would have been 2400 euros standard rack rate, but with the discount (2 nights free) we only paid 1500 euros. To upgrade to Castle Club we paid an extra 2000 euros - a huge amount! Where as the chances are if we had decided to risk doing it at check in we would have been charged "only" an extra 1100 euros (the difference between rack rate and castle club) if that makes sense. Thats what happened when we spur of the moment upgraded on arrival

Edited: 10:21 am, September 09, 2013
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

Thanks for all replies. I'm still so stuck as really want to upgrade, it's our first ever trip to dlp and I want it to be extra special for my daughter.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

Staying at the DLH, even in a standard room, is a lovely treat and you can make things even more special by doing lots of character meals and Princess for Day.

Castle Club sounds amazing but only you know whether you want to risk availability by waiting until check in -good luck deciding!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrading to castle club?

I meant to say, thanks for the details Amanda. Off to do my sums so I can prepare DH in case we get lucky at check in ;+)