We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Hace this in Marne la Vallee too!

At last!

I know ye have been waiting patiently lol!!!

This is a bit long Im afraid! Good luck reading it!

Wow I cant believe ist all over and yes I have been bitten by the bug:)

Had such a great time and got to do everything we had planned on doing. Delighted!!! Had a few adventurous moments but survived!

Did I meet Donald Duck ........................!!!

Day 1

Had every thing done the day before. Super organised!!! Went to bed but could I sleep, No !!! . Eventually nodded off dreaming of Disney :)

Our plane was at 6.50 from Dublin . We set the alarm for 2.30. Poor Dp was so tried. He is self employed and was working until 11.30 :( Poor guy.

Arrived at the airport about 3.45 am. Probably a wee bit early but better to be there than elsewhere! Checked in the bags and went for brekkie. Nom nom . Lots of free time , looking around the shops, then headed to our gate!! I was getting excited by now and poor dp was hanging with the sleep.. awwww!

Got on the plane.Ds had to sit by window :) He was dressed in his mickey t shirt and the stewards made a fuss of him . so cute.

flight was on time, landed about 9.40. Hadn't been to GDG since about 2002 but it all came flooding back to me. We had a bit of a wait at baggage collection as the buggies didn't turn up!!! Got chatting to the other families, where they were staying etc.

Buggies arrived, and we headed to the VEA bus. There was a queue waiting there when we got there. But we got on. All the other families that I had been chatting didnt make the bus as I saw them when were were pulling off !!! we must be fast walkers lol. Easy enough to locate.My goodness it is a big airport!!!

Ds and Dp slept on the bus. I woke them when I could see the Park !!!!! ahhhhhhhh that lovely feeling you get when you see the Disneyland Paris signs and then the entrance !!!

Bus dropped to the hotels and then the train station. Off we got , walked over to bus stop 54 to get bus to hotel. Ready to get on the bus when I asked Dp where is the Mickey mouse backpack?? You have it, no you have it, none of us had it!!! Panic i just yelled run , get it!!!

The VEA bus had carried on to hotel NY and there was my dp running like a looney, sweating in the heat, running through the security fence! The security guard got in his car and followed dp. He saw the VEA bus coming and started waving his hands like mad !! The security guards was trying to stop him but the VEA bus driver spoke english and understood him. Thank God. You are very lucky he said , so true as our money was in that bag!

I had to stop myself from laughing at him poor guy.

So eventually got on the next bus , arrived at hotel and checked in . Our room was ready which was great as I think we all need a shower after the previous events. Room was lovely. Really well themed. Ds loved the bunk beds. Gorgeous view. Very happy.

After shower and change of clothes we headed to the park. Waited on the bus outside. Was lovely as the waiting area is shaded. Bus came a few mins later. When we got off at the station and were headed in I realised the mickey mouse bag was missing again!!! du du du!

I had gotten a wipe out of it and had left it at the bus stop outside the hotel! I was begining to crack now! so back on the next bus , back to the hotel, was the bag there. Yes!!! I jumped off grabbed the bag and hopped straight back on. Holy God. Our passports were in it as we were getting out Annual Passports later on! I was like what else can happen!

Eventually got to the park and went straight to the Bureau Passeport Annual. No queue. Cm was lovely. Straight forward. We were about 15 mins in there.

We were all starving by now so went to Plaza gardens for lunch. We had different plans but things changed and we didn't mind. Plaza Gardens was nice. Nice selection .Thought it was ok but not great..I was so hot I couldnt eat much. Had visions of eating tonnes of dessert but that didnt happen!Ds loved the mini cornettos! and the sweets , and the pancakes!

Ok so first ride of the day Buzz lightyear. Awesome.'Love this ride.s does too. Queue wasnt too bad about 20 mins. Came off it and went straight back in. Then ds and dp went on Orbitron. Queue was ok again about 20 mins id say. Then we went on to Autopia. Love this ride too. Queue was about 30 mins. Was so cool. Dp and Ds went in one car me on another!. Was lovely being able to race them! Went on this again. The went to watch the Parade.

Did a bit of looking around the shops and got Ds a cars toys out of his pocket Money.Used the Ap so got our discount;)

Ds was getting so cranky and tired that we decided to call it a night then.

Day 2 to follow.................................

Mentioned in this post
Marne-la-Vallee
Marne-la-Vallee
Seine-et-Marne, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,475 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Plaza Gardens Restaurant
Plaza Gardens Restaurant
2,247 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Great first day!! Sounds a bit like my leaving stuff everywhere!! How lucky you was to retrieve it twice!!

england
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

How lucky! getting it back twice, sort of thing i'd do :)

Brierley, United...
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

I can so relate to you with leaving bags in public places! We have 3 kids, all have a bag each usually as well as us. We have to do our counting and checklists before moving anywhere,

Love your style of writing, very easy to read - looking forward to day 2!

Edited: 6:11 am, June 20, 2013
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Sure I've read this before! Love it though!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Oh my goodness, can't believe you left your bag...twice!!! Can't wait to read the rest!

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

i know!crazy. especially with our money and passports !!! holy moly!

East Sussex
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like a lovely first day and lucky you got your bag! At least you can look back and laugh now seen as it turned out well in the end. Can't wait to hear the rest and if you got to meet Donald??????

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Good point, I want to hear how the duck hunt went!

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

Day 2

We all slept like logs. Dp and I woke about 7.30. Looked at Ds and he was still out for the count. We didn't have the heart to wake him .So we showered and dressed , thought the noise might wake him . NOPE! So we got our bags etc ready for the day and he pops up bright as a button with GOOD MORNING!!!

Yeah lets go get breakfast.

Breakfast was lovely. Really suited us. Lots of choice, hot and cold food. Yummy scrummy :)

Today was our day in the studios. We waited for the bus and as usual it was almost full but we managed to get on. A Beautiful sunnny day today. We were in the Studios about 10 am and it was very quiet.

We passed the face painting area but he didn't want it done.

We were walking around looking to go to Toystory Playland .Ds remembered it from last year:) so cute and he wanted his picture taken with everything!!! We went to Toy story play land and went on slinky dog twice!! Queues were quite short , 10 mins or so. So were took pictures etc and we let Ds decide what he want to do.He loved the cars ride so we headed there........

There was massive crowd gathered outside between Toon plaza and the entrance to the cars ride. No problem we will sqeeze passed and lo and behold..............

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

It was the duck himself!! Omg i was so excited. But the crowd was mad. They were pushing and shoving. Poor Donald was on his way in for a break and I saw a woman follow him into the changing rooms!!! Imagine that. Cheek. I asked a cm would he be back and she said 45 mins. But i didn't actually meet him .Ah well another reason to go back I suppose. I decided to wait and let Ds and Dp go on the ride.I then saw Buzz, Minnie and Daisy in toon plaza. I queued up and they rested in the shade. We got to meet buzz, then Daisy. We skipped minnie as we would probably meet here later on in Cafe Mickey. So delighted.Ds said i told you Buzz was real :)

Happy out with ourselves we went to the village for lunch We decide on McDonalds. And sat by the lake watching the ducks. Beautiful. Ds didnt want to do the parachute jump. S we went on the flying carpets. Then we got ready for stars n cars. Loved this parade. As we missed it last year.

After parade we headed back to the hotel as it was so hot. We went swimming in the hotel pool which was heaven sent. Didn't realise the time and we were rushing back for out 6.15 reservation in Cafe Mickey.

They couldn't find our reservation but eventually did .We got seated up stairs in the far corner looking over the lake . Very nice.

We were too hot to eat so we just got pizza each , Ds got a plate of plain pasta and cheese. We somehow managed to find room for dessert!! Delicous. We met Mickey, Minnie,Pluto, Eyeore and Gepetto . The latter two we had not met before. Minnie was lovely to Ds . They were great fun.

After dinner we went into the park.It was a lovely time to be there as it was a lot calmer and cool. We went on the POTC ride for the first time ever. OMG WE LOVE IT. Did it twice as there was no queue. Ds loved it too. The pics are so funny , Ds had his hand over his eyes.!Ds tried to sat awake for the Dreams but at about 5 to 11 his eye were closing so we had to keep him awake but talking to him .We got about the first 10 minutes o Dreams when he fell asleep.So we headed back to the hotel, tired but happy. The perfect end to a perfect day :)

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,475 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

What a lovely day! And at least you got to see Donald! Love your DS's reaction to Buzz, so sweet :+)

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics