We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking baby to Disney in August

4 posts
Save Topic
Taking baby to Disney in August

Hi All,

Looking for advice from the experts! We have just booked a surprise 3 day trip for my 6yr old daughter for the first week in August. Staying at the New York hotel. Our baby will be 3 months and some of my family think I should leave the baby behind, I don't really want to but don't want to ruin trip for my elder daughter.

Will I struggle with a baby or is the park baby friendly? What sort of rides are there for a 6 yr old? Thanks

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,861 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Hi MummyNic, welcome to the forum. Will you be the only adult?

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,861 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Lots of our posters have taken young babies to Disneyland and I've seen a fair few on our trips too. I'm sure it won't be as easy with a baby but there's no way I'd have left mine behind!

What things your six year old will enjoy will depend on her really as all children are different, my seven year old dd loves roller coasters but my ten year old ds most certainly doesn't! Take a look at this website for the rides and attractions to see what she might like to do. http://www.dlrpmagic.com/

Edited: 7:04 am, June 19, 2013
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Thanks for the reply!

No I won't be the only adult and I think it will be fine to take turns going on things with my DD. There may even be things we can do as a family? It's everyone else who thinks I'm mad!

I will have a look at that site now

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Make full use of the baby switch service! I took my middle son when he was 5 months. There is a baby centre by plaza gardens which has comfy chairs bottle warmers toilets baby change etc....

Hotel New York is awesome we stayed there ( see my trip report ) anything you need just ask them :-)

You can take buggies in restaurants just let them know when you book.

Are you flying? Driving? Or Eurostar?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Hi MummyNic, and welcome.

We have threads about children and babies in Disneyland in our Top Questions lists if you can see those on the right hand side of the forum page and Marne La Vallee forum page.

There is a babycare centre in both parks, shown on the map, where you can change & feed babies in peace. There are also two toilets in there, a sink, microwave, and they sell some items which people may need including 3 sizes of disposable nappies and babyfood.

These threads should help -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k6…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k5…

The parks will be very busy, but if you need some time out with baby you can go into the Disneyland Hotel at the park entrance and relax on comfy sofas in the lobby, or upstairs in Cafe Fantasia lounge area.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

One of our posters took her baby to DLP aged 10 weeks last year, and going again soon for her 1st birthday.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

What day are you arriving? - we are having a Forum posters Meet lunch there at 3pm with three 1yr olds on the 1st August if you want to join in!

Edited: 7:34 am, June 19, 2013
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Sorry had some issues replying!

Thanks for all the tips, that website is fantastic and will give that baby switch a try! We fly on the 6th so think we will miss you, sorry.

This forum is great for advice and information, thanks so much xx

Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

Hi

. We are taking our new baby daughter who will be 5 months when we go in October along with my 12yr old DD and had same reservations about taking young baby but having had advice from the great people on this forum we decided to go for it as we've been before lots before.

Their will be lots for you all to do so enjoy yourself and have fun

Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

You will be fine with your baby I'm sure as Figgy said our little one was 10 weeks old and we didn't find it a problem at all, I quite enjoy sitting in a bench watching people go by whilst the others are on rides! There are also plenty if rides and shows you can all do as a family. For the practical side of things we took sterilising bags rather than the electric steriliser and I found these to be a god send and make sure u have a kettle in your room, if you are bottle feeding that is. Hope u all have a lovely trip.

Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking baby to Disney in August

You will be fine with your baby I'm sure as Figgy said our little one was 10 weeks old and we didn't find it a problem at all, I quite enjoy sitting on a bench watching people go by whilst the others are on rides! There are also plenty of rides and shows you can all do as a family. For the practical side of things we took sterilising bags rather than the electric steriliser and I found these to be a god send and make sure u have a kettle in your room, if you are bottle feeding that is. Hope u all have a lovely trip