We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car park at ashford eurostar

Swindon, England...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
car park at ashford eurostar

I have read that there ate two car parks at Ashford, one under cover (right next to the train station) and one a bit further away. Has anyone used the cheaper further away car park. Is it much further away? I am travelling with three children under 6. Many thanks.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

We've used the main car park and it was super easy and I wouldn't hesitate to use again. I have a friend who used the cheaper car park and says it was about half price but a bit of a trek - I'm not sure how far a trek is to her but we decided we wanted convenience when we got back! You do drive past another car park on the way to the terminal - I thought it was a staff car park as its not that big but if its actually the cheaper one I'd say its probably approx. 10 minutes walk away with luggage and children.

Sorry I wasn't really that helpful!!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

the joy of the main eurostar car park is that it is covered and there is a covered walkway to the station. If you park in one of the outside carparks the walk involves crossing roads, OK not busy roads but for the small saving in the grand scale of the holiday cost I would always use the eurostar multi storey, some how it feels safer

the charges are shown here http://ashfordintl.co.uk/Parking

the picture on the website is of the multi storey entrance

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

If the smaller car park I saw on the way in is the cheaper one then I agree that it doesn't look very secure (although that's only my opinion, it's probably fine!)

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,227 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

Hi,

I havn't travelled from Ashford, but we had a thread about parking there in 2011.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

Anastar says the multi-storey was worth the extra cost in her TR November 2012.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

Sharon S also used the multi-storey at Ashford last June.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k5…

One of our posters used this website for cheaper parking and prebooked a taxi for the short ride to the station for Eurostar.

https://www.parkatmyhouse.com/

HFJ used the cheaper carpark D at Ashford last May, but her DH dropped her, two kids and luggage at the front door of the station before going to park and walking back on his own, which sounds a good idea to me to save money.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k5…

Edited: 8:15 am, May 28, 2013
Swindon, England...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

Thank you all for your responses, I think I will play it safe and park in the main car park. Especially since we will wall be tired on the return journey. X

Swindon, England...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

Isorry another question, did you pre-book the car park or just turn up? Thanks

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

We just turned up - you go through a barrier and collect a ticket in the same way you do in most town centre car parks. Keep the ticket safe as you then need it to put in the pay machines when you return. In September last year the cost was £11 per day :)

Swindon, England...
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

Thank you.

9. Re: car park at ashford eurostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics