We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday cake question?

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Birthday cake question?

Hi everyone, first let me say what a great help this forum is! I've been lurking for a few days now and I've learned so much!

We're headed to DLP next Thursday and have booked a character dinner at Cafe Mickey for Saturday night. We're going to DLP for my daughter's birthday (a touch early, but I don't think she'll mind). We're debating on whether or not to order a birthday cake for that dinner. My husband called to make our reservation there and when he asked, he (mistakenly...this is why we don't let husband's do these kinds of things) if a character would bring out the cake. Of course he was told 'no', because they can't see/hold well. That makes perfect sense.

What he was supposed to ask was if a character would accompany the cake out. I've seen from the topics on the side, that they have in the past, but I can't find anything more recent than last October.

So my question is, does a character usually come with the cake and help make a big deal? All my daughter wants is to be sung to and blow out the candles. It'd blow her mind if Mickey or Minnie or someone was there as well. I just want to know if they do make a big deal out of it? Because 25 euros for a cake seems like a lot if not.

I hope this makes sense. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday cake question?

hi ive seen a good few birthday cakes and they've always been with at least one character :) my dd1 had a cake for her 4th birthday in auberge de cendrillon princess restaurant and she had tiana and suzy and perla mice from Cinderella :) hope you all have a magical trip :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday cake question?

Hi welcome to the forum! It's great when a birthday cake is brought out in Cafe Mickey, they play a birthday song and, when we were there at Easter, they got the whole place clapping to it while the characters danced, there was about four cakes brought out in about half an hour lol! It was great fun!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday cake question?

Hi and welcome :+)

Jofar and ILMB are spot on, at least one character usually accompanies the cake and the child is made to feel very special - do it!

DD celebrated her 5th birthday at DLP in December and had an amazing time - her face was a picture when Snow White, Cinderella and Prince Charming brought over her cake in Auberge. Lovely memories!q

Edited: 3:58 pm, May 07, 2013
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday cake question?

And don't forget a large birthday badge - it usually ensures extra attention from the cast members and characters.

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday cake question?

hi we did this last year for our little ones birthday.Yea the characters came out with the cake. A waiter was holding the cake but the characters where with him clapping etc.They play music and get every one in the restaurant to clap. if lo dosnt like loud noise be warned. my ds started crying and minnie was so good calming him down:)

alexandria
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday cake question?

Hi we had a cake in cafe mickey for our son's 2nd day. Mickey came with the CM carrying the cake. We had to wait an extra thirty mins for mickey as he'd just took a break when we asked for the cake to be brought out. Otherwise it would've been Tigger but my son is mickey mad so no contest!

We seen gepetto the next morning going to a table and I was thinking how disappointed I'd be if that was us as my son wouldn't have known him. Although tbh my son was more interested in the cake and music and clapping anyway but we got nice pics with mickey :) we were a little disappointed not to get any warning as our camcorder had just when into sleep mode and took a few secs to start up. So we only got a little bit filmed.

London
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday cake question?

Thanks so much everyone! I think we're definitely going to do it. I can't wait to see my daughter's face. It'll be priceless.

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Birthday cake question?

And the cake isn't small. We had it instead of dessert. If you bought 6/8 puddings that would def cost more than the cake. We were given what was left of ours in a box to take away with us. It is a really nice choc cake

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Birthday cake question?

Glad you've decided to go for it - have a fab trip!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Birthday cake question?

Hi Kate,

The cake is usually chocolate with a picture of Characters on the top. They say it serves 6-8 people, so it is quite large. I'm not sure if it still the same as this one -

thedreamtravelgroup.co.uk/images/…20Cake.jpg

They used to offer a sponge cake as well, for people who don't eat chocolate.

englishmum.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Di…

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics