We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you choose?

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which would you choose?

Hi all I'm booking a holiday shortly for a sun-sat 7 day stay at DLP but I wanted a bit of advice. I've been before and had to incorporate a weekend which was far worse than I could have imagined and I got nothing done so this time I'm arriving on Sunday, touring the parks Monday to Friday and leaving on Saturday. I want to go for the Christmas Season so that my then 4 year old can experience this and I have two options, the last week of November or the first week of December. I've never stopped at this time of year before and wondered if November will be quieter than December given that there's only a week between the dates. Any advice on which to choose and what it's like then will be much appreciated. We'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

Thanks in advance!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would you choose?

Hi Gemma,

We went in December in 2011, just before Christmas staying friday 16/12 to tuesday 20/12. We had no overcrowding problems. Parks were open later as nearly xmas, and no queues for Fri/ Sat/ Sun. Monday started to get busy, and Tuesday was manic - but people staying for xmas probably arriving.

As a guide, we walked on pirates of the Carribbean everyday with max 10 mins wait, but on the Tuesday, the queue was out of the building, at least 45 mins.

Our visit was a bit different being xmas week, but I think you will be Ok during the week, whichever week you choose. It was our second xmas visit - xmas day 2004 was good too.

Edited: 1:44 pm, March 06, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would you choose?

We usually go last week of November, into early December and it's nice quiet time, last November was REALLY quiet, we went Tuesday to Saturday. Im not sure of actual dates but I know there is a holiday about the 8th December and parks can be a lot busier then apparently as it daughters birthday and therefore we have chosen not to go at that time to go for an earlier, quieter time. Think it may be a Spanish holiday?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which would you choose?

Hi, yes this year there are Spanish public holidays on Friday 6th December and Sunday 8th December so I guess that will be a mega busy weekend.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which would you choose?

Thank you so much for your replies especially about the Spanish holidays. I went in September last year thinking it would be quiet and there was a Spanish holiday at the time unbeknown to me and it was so busy that for a few days I couldn't get anything done!! I shall definitely be aiming for the last week of November.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which would you choose?

Personal preference obviously but I've herm.that same time in November about six times and we love it, the full Christmas program will be running, and you get a few days of December there, but still allows plenty of time to get ready for Christmas when you get home. Sunday to Sat is perfect for a seven night stay, you can avoid all the big crowds but have at least one late night of park opening on the Sunday - by then dreams may only be on at weekends.

6. Re: Which would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics