We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in october

uk
Level Contributor
397 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
first time in october

we went to usa in october and loved it that much decided to have a mini break in paris in october. So ive got a few questions, we go october 20th will it be busy, what is the weather like this time of year, also can anyone recommend places to eat, my husband doesnt do seafood or fancy food just plain steaks or fish and chips.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in october

Hi TJ,

It is easier if you can ask one question at a time on separate threads really, so they stay on one Topic, and you are also likely to get more replies that way.

Firstly, I believe you mean Disneyland rather than Paris itself. If you went to WDW Florida, then don't expect DLP to be anything like this, or you will be disappointed. DLP should be compared more to the original Park in Anaheim, California, which also has two parks. We have had some previous threads about DLP versus the American parks, with pros and cons, and we try to be honest in our replies.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-…

The Americans are far more OTT about Halloween in general than in Europe, so the decorations and celebrations in DLP are lower key. Last October only Main Street, Central Plaza and Frontierland had Halloween decorations, and some in the Disney Village. The don't usually decorate the Studios Park much for any Season apart from on the two Terrorific Nights held before the main Halloween Party Night in the main park on the 31st, and these require extra tickets.

These are my photos from my 3rd - 5th October trip last year, when we had a mixed bag of weather. One day it was very wet and windy, and we got soaked, even with umbrellas and plastic ponchos - You definitely need to take waterproof footwear with you, just in case! We also had some blue sky and sunshine, as you can see in my photos.

flickr.com/photos/…

You will have to be prepared for very high crowd levels I'm afraid as Paris/Ile De France schools are on holiday from 19th October, returning on the 4th Novembe, as they get two weeks holiday in October. Our Hampshire schools are not on holiday until the 28th October for one week, and that will be even busier.

Regarding your dining question, ask this separately as it is a large subject, but also read the Top Questions about Dining, as they should help.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in october

If you have fine weather, the autumn colours of the trees in resort are beautiful in October, especially along the path leading to hotels Cheyenne and Santa Fe, and around Sequoia Lodge.

When I went with my hubby in 2011, we had much warmer weather, and wore Tshirts and shorts or crops. Our last day was greyer and chillier though, needing jeans and jumpers.

flickr.com/photos/…

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in october

One place to start when deciding where to eat is this page on dlrpmagic website, which has prices and menus, but these may change in April.

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

If Toad Hall is open on your dates, this counter service restaurant in Fantasyland does a good portion size with 2 pieces of fish and chips.

When ordering steak in France, remember that they tend to eat it more rare than we do, so if you ask for medium it may not be cooked enough for you. I always ask for pink inside, but no blood, which usually works! The Steakhouse in the Disney Village has a good choice, and usually better than Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland, which will probably only be open for lunch in October, going by last years park hours.

dlrpmagic.com/calendar/…

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in october

Does it have to be steak or does your husband like burgers? Annettes Diner burgers are the most like American ones in resort, and large portion sizes.

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

You can read reviews of most of the resort restaurants on TA, with photos of the meals by Travellers.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g2079053-Disne…

On the MLV restaurants reviews page you need to check if they are in resort or outside, as some are in the local area, needing car, bus or train.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g226865-Marne_…

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in october

If you read Trip Reports from last October, you can see where our posters had lunch or dinner. When the park closes around 8pm I like to book dinner for around 9pm in the Village or Disney hotels, so I am not rushing out of the park. I like The Steakhouse, and also the three buffet restaurants in hotels New York, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay. The buffets in the Cheyenne and Santa Fe hotels are cheaper, but less choice and more basic dishes. We don't know yet if Dreams will be on every night in October (this doesn't seem likely), weekends only, or just in the French school holidays, which may affect park closing time.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in october

Just remembered that you have booked a coach trip with Goldcrest (?) so you only have two nights dinner to think about. For maximum time in the parks, and so you don't miss the parade, eat after they have closed, as a 3 course meal can take up to 2 hrs depending on how quick the service is. The French don't rush their dining!

Edited: 5:46 am, February 26, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
397 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time in october

we never eat a 3 coarse main does me and my husband, we like to eat at about 5 or 6 because the kids get hungry then, thanks for the replies they are lovely to read.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time in october

You don't have to order 3 courses in The Steakhouse. You can have just a main if you like, or two courses from their set menu with choices which includes steak. I took photos of The Steakhouse menu in December, but it could change slightly in April.

flickr.com/photos/…

Edited: 9:58 pm, March 13, 2013
9. Re: first time in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics