We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Spur v Steakhouse

Hertford Heath...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Spur v Steakhouse

hi, has anyone tried the two steakhouse at disney? Can't decide which one to go to due to the mixed reviews. We have HB plus vouchers so will be using them for either of the two. If we pick silver spur, will it be the cowboy's menu, as the sheriff's menu is for HB standard vouchers? also, which one is more child friendly? (Boys, ages 10 & 2 )

Thanks everyone x

St Peter Port...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

I found the Silver Spur to be disappointing. This is a silly comment, but if you are visiting a restaurant purely for aesthetics, then the SS is lovely - just very small portions and not particularly enjoyable for my family. The Steakhouse is better, but only just, in terms of quality of food. You do get lots of bread...... but be wary of asking for tap water - as when we were there they had it "ready to go" - no tops on the carafes etc, so when it arrived it was rather warm......

We had no problems in either place with the children - SS might have the edge, I think they gave our grandson colouring in stuff.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Mentioned in this post
The Steakhouse
The Steakhouse
2,054 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

I had a great meal in Silver Spur. The food was delicious, the service fantastic, and we even had to order another bottle of the excellent St.Emillion. The portions were small however, and if you want quantity it is not for you.

I have also eaten in the Steakhouse in the village, but it was so long ago I cannot remember it well, but I think for atmosphere the Silver Spur beats it.

Mentioned in this post
The Steakhouse
The Steakhouse
2,054 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

Hi,

Silver Spur is a lower category restaurant than The Steakhouse, and in my opinion The Steakhouse is better. It rather depends on whether you want to eat in the park, in Frontierland, rather than leaving the park and walking to the Disney Village, and whether you are thinking of lunch or dinner.

The Steakhouse is busier in the evening, as more people tend to have lunch in the parks. Depending on park closing time on your dates dinner may not be available in Silver Spur. If you use dining vouchers in SS they will ask you what category they are, and give you the Plus menu which I think is the Sheriff's one based on the menu choices that I remember when we used Plus vouchers there, and the price. Both restaurants are child friendly, so no problem in that respect. I have seen plenty of families with young children eating in both of them.

I have written reviews of both restaurants, but I last ate in SS in January 2011, so some time ago.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d1…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d1…

This is my review when we used HB Plus vouchers in SS in August 2010.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

If you order steak, remember that the French like theirs very rare in general, and medium rare or medium will be less cooked than in the UK, so I always ask for mine pink inside but no blood, which usually works!

Mentioned in this post
The Steakhouse
The Steakhouse
2,054 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Disney Village
Disney Village
4,209 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

Silver spur gets my vote, especially with kids!!

It's great inside, really suits the cowboy theme of frontierland, really cosy on a cold day and we have always had a good meal. Only went to stakehouse once and was disappointed with decor, service and food so probably biased!

Hertford Heath...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

Thank you all for your replies. I guess Steakhouse then. Will be going there for lunch but walking to disney village won't be a problem as will be staying in hotel NY and would go back to the hotel after meal for siesta (my 2 y/o 's nap time). Can't wait now! X

Mentioned in this post
The Steakhouse
The Steakhouse
2,054 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Hertford Heath...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

Thanks for the threads figgy, they're really helpful x

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

You're welcome. Although both are called steakhouses I think there is more choice in the one in the village. Their theming and decor is quite different though if you look at the photos on TA. Silver spur gets very busy at lunchtime being in the park so we always ate there outside peak dining time for a more peaceful meal. I think lunch at the steakhouse would be less hectic and less noisy than silver spur.

8. Re: Silver Spur v Steakhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics