We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughters birthdays age 21

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Daughters birthdays age 21

Hi everyone Im a regular reader but never posted before. Been to dlp three times before but this time will be going May 28th for 4 days staying in Santa Fe this time. Will be celebrating my eldest daughters 21st birthday while we are there. Been for fireworks night, christmas and been to wild west show bu I'm put off the character lunch/dinner as many state its too busy and there will be 12 of us in the party including 5 small children. Can I arrange balloons for our room? Any suggestions to mark this special birthday would be great. Thanks

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

Hi, I wouldn't write off the idea of a character meal completely if you think it's something the birthday girl and the children might enjoy. We've had both lunch and dinner at Cafe Mickey and found lunch a much calmer experience, not too busy at all. You could book a birthday cake in advance.

As for balloons, I know they can be arranged at the Disneyland Hotel, but not sure about the others. I'd email the hotel and explain that it's a very special occasion and that you're repeat guests - no harm asking!

Hope you all have a fab trip :-)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

A birthday cake can be ordered at Table and buffet restaurants

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

The birthday cakes are quite large so could probably stretch to 12 portions.

If budget allows, you could always treat her to a spa treatment in the Disneyland Hotel followed by a glowtini cocktail in Cafe Fantasia :-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

I have not found charcters meals to be too busy personally, especially inventions as you can just relax and eat your meal at own pace as its buffet. The characters come to each table individually and any one straying from another table is polity moved away by the cm with characters. I would highly recommend for special birthday, its a large space too so you can be all sat together comfortably. If you order the cake at a character restaurant your virtually guaranteed the characters will bring it out and present to birthday girl!!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

Thank you all for your advice. Will have a look at lunch at cafe mickey and order a birthday cake. Have seen a character birthday tea party at cowboy cookout with great reviews but it only looks like cakes and buns. Has anyone been to one would be really interested if they offered savouries such as sandwiches etc but it doesnt list whats on menu.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

Hi, I'm afraid the tea party is no longer running, which is a shame as it got some great reviews.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

Aww that is a shame was really interested in that when I saw past review. Thank you all for your help

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

We never got round to trying it and always wishe we had.

Wharever you decide on, DLP is a great place for your daughter to spend her 21st :-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

If you are looking for special gift, think lelly already mentioned it elsewhere but Harringtons on Main street sell beautiful Pandora style charms and other sterling silver Disney themed jewellery. I usualy take my birthday money to spend in here!

Think it was about 40/50 euros for a charm. If you look on the prices thread at what I bought there will be more info x

Edited: 12:53 pm, February 16, 2013
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Daughters birthdays age 21

Ooh yes! If someone to me on a birthday trip to Harringtons I'd be very happy :-)

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics