We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2013

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Summer 2013

Hi, Visiting Dlp in August this year, it will be our 2nd time. 1st time was June 2012 - it was fab!! hence the return. Has anyone been in Aug, and how busy was it? Expecting it to be busy during school hols.

Thanx, C

Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2013

We're going the end July / start aug. we've been before at this time a few yr ago and it was very busy. Weve booked for 6 nights so that we don't have to rush about with the kids too much.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2013

Thanx that is helpful, we are expecting it being busy. We have booked 4nights.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2013

Thanx that is helpful, we are expecting it being busy. We have booked 4nights.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 2013

Hi Bossbird,

We went every summer in late July when our boys were growing up, when they broke up from school for the holidays. Summer Time also used to begin in the last week of July, but now it starts earlier, in the first week, when French schools break up.

Crowd levels can still vary in the summer holidays though, depending on the weather, and how many local families have gone away for their holidays. Mondays & Tuesdays are often very busy, along with weekends. Weds and Thurs are about the same, and Fridays can be the least busy until late afternoon/evening when people have arrived for the weekend.

The last time I was there in the summer holidays was Monday - Friday 9th - 13th August 2010, with my eldest (now adult)son.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k3…

We had high crowd levels, but the previous week 2nd - 6th August our poster Jambashy seemed to have shorter queues, going by their trip report.

If you scroll through the Trip Reports thread and read some from July/August, it will give you some idea of what to expect.

We now have Disney Dreams at park closing time, instead of the electrical parade and fireworks.

There is usually a show in Chapparal Theatre from the middle of June, like the Tarzan Encounter show, which continues until Summer Time ends in September. Most rides are usually open, as they don't do much maintenance/refurb in the summer holidays.

If you are staying in a hotel with swimming pool/s you can go for a swim after lunch and relax for a while, then back into the parks later, to avoid the peak mid afternoon, do less popular rides, or do things that don't have a queue line like walking round Adventure Isle & caves, kids play areas, and high capacity theatres in the Studios Park.

Stars n Cars Parade is likely to begin at 5pm, Magic On Parade at 7pm, and Disney Dreams at 11pm park closing time. The Studios usually closes at 7pm in summer.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 2013

With a bit of luck we may have a new show in Videopolis theatre as well this year, as work has been going on there lately, removing the old Lion King set.

I would also like to see a show on Royal Castle Stage this summer, but have to wait and see.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 2013

According to InsideDLParis on twitter, Videopolis theatre will only be used by Disney's Performing Arts, and no new show is planned there until 20th Anniversary ends.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 2013

In my TR I mention that Stars n Cars Parade stops at Place Des Stars for a small show on the stage there, and Meet & Greet. This has stopped. The parade is now continuous from start to finish.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,161 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer 2013

The Tower Of Terror tour that I mention is currently only in French, on certain mornings. (unfortunately).

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer 2013

Hi, thanks alot that is extremely helpful. We arrive at our hotel (Magic Circus) mon around 4pm-all being well until fri so we will have 3days in parks. We are thinking about dining at Inventions on the Monday evening for 6pm and making that our 1st experience of our holiday, as you said Mon and Tues are busy what do you think our chances of getting in are?

thanx C

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Summer 2013

Hi, dining reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance so you shouldn't have any problem making a booking for August.

Enjoy!