We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faulty princess dress

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Faulty princess dress

I know this is probably a long shot but..... Last June during our trip I treated my daughter to two princess dresses from DLP. One Tiana and one sleeping beauty. She's a tall 11 year old and autistic who loves to dress up. And uk disney don't make them that big. The trouble is the sleeping beauty one has fallen to bits! She wore it twice on our trip and a couple of times since being home. They are hung in her room as she just loves to look at them. At 60 euros a pop not cheap. Do you think disney will exchange it when we go back? The voile part has just broken away from the main dress equally around each side of the dress. Obviously if I had got it in this country I would be straight back at the store. Thank you.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,205 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Faulty princess dress

I would certainly pursue this. Email Guest Communication on the address Lelly has given, and also try

dlp.communication.visiteurs@disney.com

dlp.cro.gc@disney.com

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,205 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Faulty princess dress

Yes, it is after the 30 days - but people get home and hang dresses in wardobes etc. They are not using them every day.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,392 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Faulty princess dress

I wish it were different, Figgy, but it just isn't. 30 days is 30 days. (Can you imagine? People would be trying to return things years after the purchase date "But I haven't worn it -- in 18 months -- you HAVE to replace it!")

(I returned a shirt that I'd bought for DH the **day after** I'd bought it. The first thing the lady said to me was "what did you do to it?")

Customer service in the UK and US means that that person is there to make the customer happy. In France, it usually means that they have done their service by showing up at work today...they will work their time today, and they truly don't care if you ever return again or not.

There are notable exceptions, but the retailer is the king in this market, not the customer.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Faulty princess dress

Ok I will email everyone!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,205 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Faulty princess dress

I appreciate your comments Sunshine, and agree with them, but I still think that Princess dresses falling apart after little use should be addressed by Disney, considering the prices they charge for them.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Faulty princess dress

Any news Maria? Xx

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Faulty princess dress

Nope! Not a thing!

28. Re: Faulty princess dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 31, 2014