We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

7 posts
Save Topic
Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Hi I'm going to Disneyland Paris with my two children aged 5 and 6 next week and I am the only adult going on the trip. I have been told that many of the rides need 1 adult per child? Is this true because I have looked on the Disneyland app but can't find any info on this? Thanks :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Hi Helenr86,

We've moved this topic to the Disneyland Paris forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Hi Helen,

There are more height restrictions than age requirements but this link should tell you all you need to know -

dlrpmagic.com/planning/…

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

It is always a bit awkward with 3 on a few rides, where only 2 can sit together - we have one son, so have been in a similar position, but its always been a adult as the odd one. You may decide that the kids can ride together and you sit on your own. There are plenty of rides where 3 people can all sit together as well.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Hi Helen,

The link given by gorby should help you regarding height requirements. Your difficulty will be if one child wants to go on a ride but the other doesn't, or can't. You cannot leave a 5/6 yr old unattended of course, and children of this age are supposed to have an adult riding with them.

Some rides have seats where the three of you can sit on one seat together, but others will require your older child to sit in front of, or behind you. The Cast Member at the ride entrance will advise you.

On rides like Lancelot's Carousel you each have a horse, with a seat belt, so you can secure your children before getting on your horse beside them. There are also coaches on this ride where you can sit together instead.

Small World has boats, where you can get 3 /4 people on one seat. Pirates OTC is the same, but this is currently closed. Small World is closed from 1st Feb. Pays De Contes De Fees is also boats with wide seats.

Closures are listed on here -

dlrpmagic.com/calendar/…

Edited: 1:43 pm, January 24, 2013
ireland
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

I was there last may with a 5+6 yr old tho i wasnt on my own with them i took them off myself for a few hrs at a time and had no problem. I cant think of a ride we couldnt all do together. I have been in dlp with them once before on my own when they were 2+3 and there wasnt a problem..

Ill be on my own in march with them too, tho friends of our will also be there the same time.

This topic came up a few mths ago on another board and the general view was there wouldnt be an issue.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

It is more of a problem if one parent is taking children with a bigger age gap - say a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old, and the older child wants to go on some rides that are not suitable for a very young toddler or baby, or if one child is braver than the other.

As your children are very close in age, hopefully they will both like the same things, so you can all ride together.

It is not ONE adult PER child on the rides - a parent or guardian must accompany them.

Edited: 8:33 pm, January 24, 2013
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

When I went on Peter Pan's Flight in November with my friend, two (large) adults with a young child were sitting in front of us. They looked a bit squashed though. One adult with two kids would be fine.

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Thanks for the advice, I feel a little less worried about it now :) I just didn't want to get there n them not be allowed on anything because I was the only adult with them.

ireland
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

No i wouldnt worry:-). At 5+6 they are unlikely to want to do diffrent things anyway. Have fun im really looking foward to our girls only trip in march!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,403 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Age restrictions on rides at Disneyland Paris

Hope you have a Magical time Helen - where are you staying, and what dates?