We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General advice please - am floundering!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
General advice please - am floundering!

Hi all

We are looking to go the first few days of June with a 2.5 year old and 6 year old.

Would you recommend the hotel cheyenne? The lack of 2 doubles puts me off....

I quite fancy the Newport? Any reccommendations....

Also half board seems a bit pointless for us as my daughter is under 3 so not included, my son is fussy and I am vegetarian!

Where would you recommend us to eat?

Also can you buy food in the nearby hypermarket and bring it in?

Does anyone know what times breakfast are at?

Any other unexpected costs I might have forgotten about? We liked the look of Buffallo Bill's show but would it be too scary for the little one? Also, what is the cheapest price as we could only seem to find a very high price?

Anything else we shouldnt miss?

TIA

england
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

hiya, I can't help much but we've booked to take our 6 & 2.5yr old to Newport bay in march. we booked the half board to help with budgeting more than anything. also veggie!

there's loads of clips of the wild west show to watch if you're not sure. I've booked it but our youngest is a brave little thing & loud noises etc...really doesn't phase him.

Wales
Level Contributor
568 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

We stayed at cheyenne with six year old and she was fine in top bunk. It was her first time in a bunk.

Im veggie and found looking at dlrp forum menus useful beforehand. Disney seem to class fish as veggie so be wary of that. Breakfast wad 7 till ten i think

South Shields...
Level Contributor
340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Hi, I stayed at Disneyland hotel but all the others seem good too if you are on budget. As you are going in june the weather should be ok for a pleasant walk to parks, may not need to use the shuttle bus.

I don't think the half board option is worth it, as you say you have very small child and a fussy eater. My daughter was 6 when we went, she's very fussy and would not have been happy had I of opted for a food plan with my booking. The freedom to do your own thing is worth it. We ate at Disney village each night, the 3 best places for kids - cafe mickey, planet hollywood and annettes diner. The servers on roller skates at annettes and all the characters at cafe mickey were fab. I also think the prices were ok, not extortianate as some would have you think. Some of the other places didn't have kids options(?!) and the other choices were far too bizarre and adult orientated for fussy kids.

I don't know about hypermarket as we didnt venture there.

I agree breakfast was between about 7 and 10.

The only other cost I can think of is the fast passes. How I wish someone had told me about these before i went, but no, i discovered I could buy them on my last day (i got 1 each free per person per day as was staying at Disneyland hotel, man who gave them should have told me I could pay for more). They are well, well worth it. They arent available for all rides mind, just a few in each land, but very popular rides. Ask when you check in where you can get them.

I also didn't go to buffalo bills as not my daughters kind of thing and there is no way she would have eaten the food as advertised in brochure. There is plenty to do on an evening without it, including the parade (great), fireworks later on (another thing I had no idea about it at the time!) and disney village.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

3rd time lucky laptop keeps crashing.

hi there

we stayed in the sequioa lodge last june with husband and 3 kids 11,4 and 2 in a montana room two double beds and a cot. we pushed one bed up against the wall so no falling out accidents from the kids.

The breakfast was tasty and plentiful. We ate in the main hotels around the lake in the evenings. all you can eat buffet with plenty to choose from for vegetarians and enough for my extremely fussy 4 year old. i believe there is a mainly veggie buffet in disneyland park. we used our halfboard vouchers. kids under 3 eat free in buffet restaurants.

the supermarket is about 5 min drive away in the shopping centre and you enter from the lower floor or there is a petrol staion near santa fe hotel which sells snacks milk beer wine etc.........

we took a small cool box for my son's soya milk and for my other son got free cows milk from the bar in sequioa lodge. topped up the cool box with free ice from a machine near our room.

didn't do BBWWS but hoping to this coming trip but will get my tickets from the french site as cheaper. there is a link on here somewhere.

have a look at www.dlrpmagic.com for restaurant menus and whats on offer on each menu

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Thanks all

Does anyone know the name of the French site for BB?

The choice is really between Newport and Cheyenne - I would like a pool and 2 double beds as our little one will probably need to be in the double with me and my son sleep walks so woud have to be on the bottom bunk which means my husband who is 6ft would need to be in the top bunk???

How do I get fast passes and arrange disney express does anyone know?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Also if we stay at the \Newport can we still visit the Cheyenne as my son LOVES cowboys

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Hi, standard fastpasses can be obtained using your park tickets at the rides which have a fastpass facility.

If you're going at a quiet time, ie outside of school holidays, then you shouldn't need to buy premium fastpasses. They are quite expensive (can't remember the exact price) and would only really benefit you if the parks are heaving.

Hope this helps :-)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Just noticed your last question! Yes, you can visit the Cheyenne, or any of the other hotels.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know what the buffet food is like at Cape Cod?

Also is there somewhere I can find a list of things on eg parade or fireworks as someone mentioned upthread?

Dd loves cinderella and jessie from TS. Ds loves TS aswell though pretends hes too grown up for it, same with CARS, likes Peter Pan and especially Captain Hook. Loves Cowboys as I mentioned.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: General advice please - am floundering!

We went with my 18 month and 6 yr nephew so similar age gap. Cape cod is lovely buffet, good choice for adults but probably the best one for kids, chicken nuggets, chips, plain pasta and separate sauces, loads of puddings etc. Our daughter was free to eat in buffets so we found the standard hb meal vouchers good value when used here as opposed to sit down and fast food places. BBWWS good fun, both kids loved it, again your youngest will be free but still get a meal.