We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You know you want to go back to DLP when.........

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
You know you want to go back to DLP when.........

Hubby is transferring all our video tapes onto CD discs, and he is currently playing our video of August 2004, when we went with a friend who treated me, DS1 and DS2 to 5 days in the Newport Bay.

So I am sitting here listening to the music, parades and sounds of the park, and just watched the Peter Pan show which they used to have on Hook's pirate ship in Adventureland. We had lovely hot weather on that trip. I love watching the videos of our DLP trips, and seeing how the park(s) and resort has changed over the years.

Got to dash - Buffalo Bills show has just started, so must watch that!

Yeehah!

Edited: 9:44 am, January 12, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: You know you want to go back to DLP when.........

I've read some really sad CM storys from people been there since begining, people leaving and never being replaced so one person doing job of 5 others used to do etc. Think one that made most sense to me was a guy who maintained all the lighbulbs in the floats, rides etc. He had an accident and got re-assigned but no one permanat to fill his job so things get neglected - this totally makes sense to me why in some of the dark rides (Snow White, Peter Pan etc) you sometimes literally can't see ANYTHING as things aren't being illuminated properly anymore.

I think they obvioulsy have improved things for the 20 year and our experience was much better in 2012 than in 2011 so fingers crossed there will be more investment and keep things up to date and in tip top condition!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: You know you want to go back to DLP when.........

You're right Louise - I commented to the CM at Peter Pan's Flight how dark it was now 'flying' over London, and couldn't see any of the lights below at all!

23. Re: You know you want to go back to DLP when.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics