We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Ashford, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Hello All,

I'm new here but i have been reading posts on the forum for days now and i feel like i have information overload lol.. Anyway i am in the process of booking a holiday to DLP for myself, hubby and girls aged 4 & 6 for 3/4 nights and i am looking at all options.. Very important is to go via eurostar as i live in the last town b4 the train hits Europe so this will make all our lives easier and me and hubby do not want the stress of driving there.

What i want to pls know is

1. As a newbie, is it better to go to a DLP owned hotel first time around rather than the 'partner' ones as i don't want to miss out on any extras or mistakenly book a hotel that is too faraway even with the shuttle bus etc.?

2. Has anyone booked a DLP holiday through Eurostar as i have found a few options on their website, however most are either partner or other hotels and I'm assuming they do not include breakfast unless stated and do not have the option of adding half board meal plans? I'm however tempted because the train fare is included in the price although if anyone offers me alternatives, I'd gladly check it out.

3. Has anyone used the world travellers website before http://www.disneylandparisoffers.com/. Is it a reputable site as they seem to have some reasonable offers and claim that they can get good deals on eurostar?

4. Is it best to book online or telephone Disney or the other agents such as the world travellers above? Does calling directly give you more options and discounts?

5. Can anyone offer me alternatives that would be beneficial to my quest?

Sorry to go on and on, I'm trying to get the best value that i can get for my budget while maximising my benefits. At the moment, it seems the more i look, the less i see lol.

Many thanks

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Yes breakfast is included and the half board bit is for lunch or dinner. We fill up at breakfast grab a snack if we need it at lunch and book into a buffet in one if the hotels for dinner around 6. They are all you can eat and are excellent. My daughter has coeliac disease and there is plenty for her to choose from as there is too for two fussy little boys. The new disney brochure explains it very clearly what restaurants you can eat at depending on your budget. This year one night we will go to inventions and use our plus voucher and pay the difference.

Ashford, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

I understand how you are feeling JJam09. As Maria has said, half board is for lunch or dinner. However, can you add this on if you are not using a Disney hotel? Though I think i will choose a Disney hotel just for the ease.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Hi Yetty, and welcome. I will try and answer your questions in order.

1. The advantage of being in one of the Disney hotels is being able to walk to & from the parks instead of having to use the free buses. This is handy when the buses are busy at peak times of the day. You also get Extra Magic Hours ( except on a few dates at off peak times of the year), from 8am to 10am in the Disneyland Park ( and very occasionally in the Studios). You also see Characters in the Disney hotels so good opportunity for photos and autographs with less crowds than in the parks. Staying in a Disney hotel also feels more like being in part of the Magic.

2. Yes, I have booked two train/hotel/tickets packages over the phone with Eurostar, both times staying in hotel Cheyenne. The first time this was because Disney had no availability for either the train or hotel, and the second time because I got a better price than Disney offered, saving over £100. They price both train journeys separately, and the hotel was booked with Expedia on my first trip, and with another company the second time. I had no problems on either trip. You are correct that Eurostar cannot add on the meal plans, as these are only with packages booked with Disney either directly or through a Disney booking agent.

3. Some of our posters have booked with World Travellers, especially some overseas ones, who were able to get UK offer prices this way. They said they were very helpful. Some posters have got good prices booking with www.disneylandparisdirect.com as well, who have some other websites under different names. I remember one of our posters saying they always book with them and have had no problems.

The current Disney 2 nts / 2 nts free is a good offer but only applies to certain hotels on certain arrival dates.

4. If you book on the Disney website you have to pay the whole cost immediately. If you book over the phone or with a Travel Agent you can pay a deposit and then the balance later, depending on how long before your departure date. The cost should be the same, but I have found that not all availability shows online. I have always booked my trips either through my local travel agent, or with Disney over the phone, as I prefer to deal with a person, and check the prices of different hotels and arrival dates before making final decision. These can change though, even on the same day, according to how bookings are going, so if you check again later the price could have gone up or down.

The direct Eurostar currently arrives at Chessy around 2pm, and leaves at 6pm. You can go indirect, changing trains at Lille, which is usually cheaper, but takes about an hour longer. Some people do this just for outward journey if they want to arrive before 2pm to maximise their first day in Disneyland.

Eurostar prices are cheapest when they first become available, about 6 months in advance for train only, but Eurostar will book train/hotel packages earlier than this. If you book with Eurostar you can book your actual seats on the train, and ask for a table if you want, in a specific carriage. I like to be next to one of the two buffet cars so easy to get tea or coffee on the journey. If you book Eurostar/hotel/ tickets package with Disney or a booking agent, they are likely to charge more for the train, and they will not guarantee seats together.

If your girls cannot /will not share a double bed, then the hotel Cheyenne has bunks, and your 6 yr old can sleep on the top one.

If you want a swimming pool then the Explorers hotel has a double bed with two singles, indoor pool with slides and waterplay, and a large indoor soft play area. Not a Disney hotel, so no extra magic hours or Characters, and you really need to use the free shuttle bus as not easy walking distance to the parks.

The cheapest Disney hotel with a pool is usually Sequoia Lodge, which has been refurbished, and only 10 mins walk through the Village to both parks. This can depend on offers though - sometimes Newport Bay or even the New York can be cheaper on certain arrival dates if they have a good offer.

The Kyriad is usually the cheapest non Disney resort hotel, with free shuttle bus (shared with Explorers, Dream Castle and Magic Circus) but no pool.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/map/

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Yes, you can add a Disney meal plan to your Associated hotel package if booked with Disney, but you cannot use the vouchers in your hotel.

The Explorers has its own meal plan, which includes the non Disney restaurants in the Disney Village and the Explorers own restaurant, but you can't book this meal plan through Disney. This would have to be booked directly with the hotel.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

If you look in the Top Questions list, the 5th one down is about booking a trip to DLP with some previous threads links.

Ashford, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Wow. Thanks so much Figgygirl for taking the time to write a comprehensive response. I think I know what to do now & top of the list is to phone. Thanks.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Thanks everyone, very useful !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Oh and transers almost arranged, only 23 euros more for a private transfer compared to getting the VEA shuttle bus so at least that was an easy decision !

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Hi JJ,

Who are you booking your transfer with? Have you seen our threads about recommended ones that our posters use?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New here - Looking to book a DLP holiday for end of March

Hi Yes thanks I did use the links posted here for the private transfers, really useful and travelling with a six year old it will be much easier . Really looking forward to it !

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics