We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

My family and I(2adults 2 children ) would like to go to dlp at some point this year but I just don't know what is the easiest route to take . We intend on a 3 day stay possibly a Monday to Wednesday . The options I've looked at are ,

Eurostar - this means getting the train from Hull to London and trains to London were about £500 ! Does anyone know what package Eurostar offer to get us to dlp and what other transport issues would we incur after getting off the Eurostar ?

Second option is to drive down to folkstone for the shuttle , on exiting the shuttle would be probably down to sat nav to get us to dlp and a last minute hotel booking and possibly paying for dlp tickets beforehand .

Another way is the p&o ferry then driving to dlp aided yet again by our trusty sat nav .

At this point there seems to be all sorts of questions I need to ask but the biggest one is ..... I live in Hull how do I get to dlp easily enough and low cost by the best route ?

For some reason I thought it was really straightforward to get there ( prob because I've not looked into it before )

Any advice would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
825 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Rather then getting the train or driving all the way how about driving down to Ashford in Kent and catching the Eurostar from there the next morning? At least that way you won't have quite so much driving to do and won't have to spend quite so much on train tickets.

When are you thinking of going? Going in the week is a good plan if it's outside of school holidays but you might find the Eurostar is cheaper if you travel out on Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Ashford
Ashford
Kent, UK
Kent
Kent
England, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Hi , Ashford would be longer then London wether i drive or take the train wouldn't it , I'm coming from Hull ?

I want to go mid week as it will work out better and I'm thinking July time maybe the week after the kids break up from school

Mentioned in this post
Ashford
Ashford
Kent, UK
London
London
England, UK
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

I have driven from Norfolk and caught Eurostar from Ashford and Ebbsfleet direct to DLP. Ebbsfleet is nearer but you have to pay for parking at either.

You could see if your local airport has a low cost airline flying to Paris?

Mentioned in this post
Norfolk
Norfolk
East Anglia, UK
Ashford
Ashford
Kent, UK
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lancashire
Level Contributor
688 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

We're driving from Lancashire same time you are planning. Driving to Folkestone then eurotunnel, drive to DLP. We're stopping at a cheap travelodge in ashford before the drive to DLP.

We priced up the hull to zebrugge but this was a huge expense in comparison to the drive etc.

As w couldn't guarantee cheap Eurostar tickets we decided to drive. Plus we can fill the car with souvenirs :-)

Mentioned in this post
Lancashire
Lancashire
England, UK
Netherlands
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

As far as I can see Hull airport (Humberside) doesn't have direct flights to Paris.

Leeds Bradford however does have a low cost airline (jet2com) that flies to Paris.

Priced it out for some dates in July (7 July/11 July) and return flights for the four of you are actually cheaper than what the train to London would cost (£324)!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bradford
Bradford
West Yorkshire, UK
London
London
England, UK
Buxton
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Hello when we were pricing up we decided to fly as it worked out cheaper for us compared to driving, ferry, euro etc! £180 return for 3 of us from Luton to Paris, also eliminates the hassle of driving!

Mentioned in this post
Luton
Luton
Bedfordshire, UK
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Hi Rachel,

The current 2 nts plus 2 nts free offer is good if you can manage 4 nts there.

A lady and her daughter I met on the Eurostar train in December came from Hull and had left home around 4am that morning, travelling to London by train. They were very tired by late afternoon and wished they had travelled to London the previous day and stayed overnight in a Travelodge like I did. I only had a short walk to St Pancras in the morning. They only had one night in Disneyland, and were too tired to watch Dreams at 7pm, which was a great pity.

If you are travelling by British Rail to use the Eurostar you can buy cheaper Eurostar High Saver tickets. You have to show your Eurostar tickets or e-tickets to buy these at your local station. My return ticket from Bournemouth to St Pancras cost €50. One night in the Kings Cross Royal Scot or Kings Cross Central Travelodges costs from around £40 - £70 per room for 4 people depending on how early you book and the day of the week. The cheapest prices are not exchangeable or refundable.

I have never driven to DLP / France so have no experience of that, but we do have some threads about driving to Disneyland in our Top Questions lists which should help you.

Edited: 10:28 pm, January 02, 2013
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Bournemouth
Bournemouth
Dorset, UK
France
France
Europe
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Flying could well be worth considering, when you consider the cost of travelling to London and possibly booking a Travelodge for your previous night and also maybe on return to save travelling home late back to Hull.

Check prices for Sunday flights and Sunday arrival hotel/tickets price with Disney, as this can be cheaper than Mondays. On one trip it was £100 cheaper for me and my DH to fly and arrive on Sunday evening for 3 nts than on Monday morning for 2 nts.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

Hi , thanks for your comments guys this is really helping my out. I think I'm going to spend the day searching the net for the best deals and routes . There's so much to consider but I'll get there come hell or high water;-) !

Thank you

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to go to dlp but don't know what's best ?

A company called DisneyLink came to our attention recently, and one of our posters recently returned from a trip with them. It seems to be run by one man named Peter who organises group trips for cheaper prices, going by Eurostar, on certain dates staying in Santa Fe, Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge. He or his daughter go on the trips as well, so they are in resort if you have any problems. They seem to book the trips through greatdays.com

You can arrange your own transport if you prefer.

Worth looking at their future trips to see if any dates suit you, as they seem to offer good prices, and our poster said they would use them again. Another poster has booked a future trip with them as well.

http://www.disney-link.com/

members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…

ebay.co.uk/itm/…120916281584

Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics