We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really that cold?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really that cold?

I'm getting lots of people tell me we are absolutely crazy going to Disneyland in December. All dire warnings about us freezing lol. I can understand the Aussies (yes, we're not used to northern hemisphere cold) but even the English are telling us we're mad. I've seen YouTube videos taken at disneyland Paris in winter and there are obviously plenty of people braving the cold. So why are so many people telling us we'll regret it?

Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really that cold?

We went in december last year and it was fine..pretty much same as it is here.

We are going again this year so it has not put us of..

I did pack thermals etc for my 4yr old but to be honest we didnt need them.

It rained once out of the 4 days we were there.

But saying that weather anywhere is unpredictable! So just pack plenty of warm clothes and waterproofs and enjoy.x

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really that cold?

We were there last Christmas season and it was actually quite mild. It seems more christmassy there than WDW because it is colder.

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
240 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really that cold?

We normally go every January/early February and yes it's cold but just the same as home. As long as you wrap up warm and sometimes you need thermals. But we have been lucky with the weather in the 9 yrs we have been had around 3/4 days of rain, normally sunny skies but cold. We are going before Xmas this year 9th Dec so hopefully the same.

Just wrap up warm and enjoy......at least the queues are a lot smaller!!

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
551 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really that cold?

Hi

we went one year mid december and we loved it! (we are going again this december so certainly havent been put off)

That said, it was VERY cold. We took ski wear for our children and hats scarves and gloves and snow boots! I know that might all sound excessive but when you are stood around queing or waiting for parades to begin it can get really cold. Obviously its a bit of a pain when you get in a restaurant and have to strip off (lol) but they were lovely and warm the whole time and that meant no moaning children!

We were lucky with the weather and it didnt rain once - it was just crisp and sunny and cold - real "christmasy" weather - we cant wait to go back!!!

Dont let other peoples negativity put you off, Im sure you will love getting into the christmas spirit and you might even get some snow - perfect!!!!!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really that cold?

Hi,

The weather can vary, so it won't necessarily be freezing cold. We have had different weathers going in December or early January for Enchanted Christmas, so I pack clothes that I can layer including thermals, warm hat, gloves, scarf, tights to wear under jeans/trousers ( I might pack my ski trousers if the forecast is freezing ), and I have a very warm showerproof coat.

You need warm waterproof footwear, and I usually take two pairs of boots so I can alternate them, which stops my feet getting sore.

Yes, it could be extremely cold, but it could also be quite mild, wet, foggy, sunny, or even snow.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really that cold?

This website gives a 10 day forecast, and historical temps. Weather forecasts are only a guide though, as they can change daily.

uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Chessy-FRIF0126

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really that cold?

Forgot to mention ski socks!

I also take lipsalve, as very cold weather can cause chapped lips.

I always take a small folding umbrella - I bought a 20th Anniversary one there.

Edited: 1:47 pm, October 27, 2012
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really that cold?

We took hand warmer things we got in Asda(other supermarkets are available). They stayed warm for 3-4 hrs in your pocket, and very nice they were to.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it really that cold?

We have been for the last three Christmas seasons and always been on Christmas Day and it has never rained it has snowed and had several attractions closed but normal lovely bright crisp cold days. will anyone else be in dlrp on Christmas Day ?.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,004 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it really that cold?

Clare f arrives the same day as you Princess, staying until the 27th, but I don't know which hotel.

Laura U also arrives on the 20th, until 24th, staying in the Disneyland Hotel.

Scatters1 is there 19th to 23rd.

Edited: 2:37 pm, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics