We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When are you going, where are you staying?

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
528 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
When are you going, where are you staying?

Just thought it would be fun to start a countdown. I don't know how many days but we arrive 4 Oct and staying at the Cheyenne.

2,287 replies to this topic
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

9th-13th August. Santa Fe. My son wanted to try the Santa Fe this time, to save some money, but I will miss the Newport Bay! Hopefully flying from Southampton if no ash problems occur.

KWUK should have returned yesterday.

brown39 went on monday.

Nurdah goes on 6th June.

Allexcitedboy- June 17th Sequoia Lodge.

Bolebrothers- Newport bay Club end of June.

Hope you all had/ have a great time.

scotland
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

hi,

we go on the 21st of september until the 25th! really excited!

staying at the chanteloup hotel.

kerry,ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

July 1st-6th staying in the Hotel Cheyenne .

4 weeks to go Im counting down day by day and my tickets arrived today! yay!!! going with my Husband our daughter nearly6 and my brother nearly16

Edited: 5:27 pm, June 03, 2010
Altrincham, UK
Level Contributor
217 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

Jealous of all going soon. I have done my trip to DLP for this year but am so desperate to go again next year I have already booked my flights for 25th to 29th April 2011 (Easter holidays)! Called DLP yesterday to ask when I can book but was told not before November. Have stayed in a suite in Sequoia Lodge for the past 2 years, previously stayed at Santa Fe (twice), Cheyenne and Newport Bay. Fancy staying in a suite at Newport Bay next time but depends how much more expensive it is than Sequoia Lodge! Hope you all have a fab time!

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

Counting days now, June 19th to 24th, DD at age 7 started packing in February so she is getting hyped now. For us the expectations is half the journey.

Mrsv32, I called and asked for a quote at the Newport for a suite. They could only give me the presedential, although lavish i guess, The price on top of the € 2500 we already had paid was € 3823, adding up to € 6323 just for the stay airfare not included. That kinda made us decide to rather spend those on other things :-) I would guess a smaller resort suite would be cheaper though

When I finally win the lottery..(yeah... right).... then maybe we will go for Walts apartment...

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

Nice to hear from you both again, bolebrothers and MrsV32.

MrsV,I know you have stayed in a suite before to get the VIP fastpass- remember you can buy the extra FP tickets on the UK or French ebay sites if you want to save some money, but avoid some ride queues. You still have to get the timed tickets though, so not the same as walking straight in when you like. That is handy at busy times like the Easter holidays. I would rather use the extra money to pay for Admirals Floor at the Newport, with a lake view, and ask for a room with a balcony for great views. Breakfast in a separate restaurant from standard rooms, and no time tickets.

I will really miss that in August! The NBC suites and honeymoon suites look lovely though!

Bookings at the moment only go up to 5th April. Glad to hear you are going again!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

MrsV, I was a bit worried booking the Santa Fe after always staying in the NBC or Sequoia, and some reviews are rather poor, but as you stayed there twice it can't be that bad I hope! I know that at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, so I must not expect Sante Fe budget hotel to be like the moderate ones.

At least I will be able to add it to my list of DLP reviews, and be able to answer more questions about it. My son says he is looking forward to a change as well, and wants to try all of them.

Not sure I want to share a double bed with him at the Cheyenne though!

Edited: 7:11 am, June 04, 2010
Altrincham, UK
Level Contributor
217 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

Hi Figgy. The Santa Fe is okay for the money you pay. When we stayed there, I had both (grown up) daughters with me but paid for them anyway (as we mothers do) and the younger was not a teacher so it was not during school holidays. Breakfast was bit of a bun fight if you went any later than 7.15 or so. I know you don't spend much time in your room so I am sure you will find it okay. I believe you can now say you want to be nearer to the main building or nearer to the walkway to the parks/village? This was not an option when we were there but neither time was the location of the room a problem. When ever I go on holiday, my room is somewhere to put my clothes, have a shower and sleep. So long as it is clean, it's okay with me. A nice view, loads of space etc are nice to have but I would rather be "out there" than in my room anyway.

Thanks again for the advice about the fast pass tickets. I spoke to my daughter and she decided she would rather pay a suite again!

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

Thanks MrsV. We are like you- out all day until very late, so only in the room to sleep. I know the Santa Fe does not have air con, but has ceiling fans in the rooms, so hopefully that will be enough to stay cool. We always go to early breakfast, so hope to miss the rush.

I have read in recent reviews that some people have had the option of breakfast in the Plaza Gardens buffet, and the food was good ( better than in the hotel). I'm not sure if you get that option with all the Disney hotels, or just the moderate ones and Disneyland hotel. You used to be able to have breakfast in the park in Walt's or Pizzeria Bella Notte, then they stopped it, so I will have to check the latest on this with Disney.

Catriona, I hope all goes well, and you will write a TR for us when you return!

Edited: 10:14 am, June 04, 2010
Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: When are you going, where are you staying?

24 days until our stay at the Santa Fe (and to our first visit to DLP!)

Hi Figgygirl,

Re: breakfast at Plaza Gardens ... thanks for looking into this option. Could you also post where it is and if there is a extra charge to have breakfast here?

Reply to: When are you going, where are you staying?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted