We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Hi All

My husband, 9 year old son and I are travelling to Disneyland Paris in September and we are looking at the best way to get from the airport to Disneyland.

Our flight arrives at 5.25pm on a Friday and although the high speed train looks like it only takes 12 minutes I've read it can be sitting waiting for some time before it leaves.

The Magical shuttle bus was another option but I remember it taking a long time from Orly and I don't know that the timings will suit us.

Our other option is private taxi but there are so many to choose from!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good reliable company? We will only have hand luggage and need to get to the Run Disney expo centre before it shuts at 8pm so we are on a schedule...

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Orly
Orly
Val-de-Marne, France
7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Hi,

We are arriving on the same day about same time. I think I read some place expo is open for race registration until 10pm but I would double check that, there is a great Facebook book group for the race weekend normally someone will know the answer to any questions. We are getting a private transfer through prestige transfer, we have used them 3 times now and they have been really good each time always been waiting for us at arrivals and Take us straight to hotel

Edited: 3:00 pm, June 09, 2018
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Just checked with face book group, race packet pick up is open to 10pm, the rest of expo shuts at 8pm. Hope this is helpful

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Many thanks cauliflowersoup I knew someone would be in a similar boat!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

We've just got back from a break at Disneyland and used Ezyshuttle and they were fantastic. Someone was waiting at the terminal when we arrived and were at the hotel for the return journey at the requested time.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

We're also doing run disney but decided to come the day before. We usually use prestiege transfers as I can't be doing the faff of trains and busses

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
54,258 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

Hi prowlerchick, I always use Ezyshuttle for my airport transfers, and many posters have also recommended Prestige-Transfer and Inter Service Prestige.

http://site.ezyshuttle.com/

https://www.interserviceprestige.com/

http://www.prestige-transfer.com/

I used to fly into Orly all the time, and liked it because I usually got through passport control very quickly after landing compared to the time that can take at CDG. The downside of Orly is that there is only one main route from there to Disneyland, with no easy alternatives, so when traffic is heavy the shuttle bus can be stuck in a jam and the journey can take a very long time.

CDG airport is much bigger and busier, so you can queue for some time to get through passport control, but if you book a private transfer the journey from there to DLP can take just 30 mins. If the main route is busy, there are other routes they can take to avoid traffic, and not take much longer, so in that respect CDG is better.

The problem with using the fast TGV train from CDG to Chessy, is that you can't be sure your flight will land on time, or how long it will take you to get through passport control and to the lower level of Terminal 2D for the train. You could miss the one you wanted to catch, and have a long wait for the next one, as the frequency does vary. Some people like to book a transfer for CDG - Disney, but use the TGV for return, if there is a suitable time train for their flight. Most tend to just book a transfer for return journey as well because they find it easier and stress-free.

Mentioned in this post
Orly
Orly
Val-de-Marne, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Chessy
Chessy
Marne-la-Vallee, France
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?

we use Ezyshuttle too and have always found them very efficient. However, in your shoes I'd also be weighing up the train because of the time constraint and the rush hour - it might be wise to avoid the road...

Reply to: CDG airport to Disneyland Paris best way to travel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;