We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do when it rains?

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do when it rains?

My husband and I finally leave for our (first) 4day trip to Great Exuma this Monday morning 2/17/14. We're staying at the Hideaways at Palm. The weather calls for rain and 20mph winds every day we're there. ~And I thought February was their dry mouth!

* What is there to do in this kind of weather?!

I'm looking forward to any ideas you can give us.

Thanks! Beth

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do when it rains?

No one replied so I guess there's nothing to do when it rains! ; )

You must have taken your trip. Did it rain, and if so, what did you find to do when it was raining? My family is traveling in July and looking at Hideaways. We expect a passing storm or two. 20mph wind is perfect for kiteboarding. Was there any kiteboarding there? Any other info on Hideaways would be appreciated.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do when it rains?

We generally use the rain as some well needed down time. Showers usually pass over in an hour or two, so it's not a big deal.

We just returned from our 5th stay at Palm Bay so I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do when it rains?

I've been looking at their website. http://www.hideawayspalmbay.com There's an option for booking on-line. Is this the best way to book a two bedroom villa?

Houston
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Yes, but you can also look at flipkey and homeaway to find others. Just be sure to book one WITH amenities.

Prices pretty much run the same though.

italia
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Today is fairy/totally cloudy. Any advise to what to do?

Houston
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Could be a good time to go into town to look around or see historical sites. Remember that the UV index can be higher with the sun behind the clouds!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do when it rains?

Yes Dreamss, get out and go to the beach as you normally would. I checked the webcam near G-town and its hardly anything to change plans over

exploreexuma.com/webcams/augusta-bay-bahamas

You'll just be less fried at the end of the day than you would if it had been sunny.

Edited: 10:19 am, April 25, 2014
8. Re: Things to do when it rains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 27, 2015