We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Folding Beach Chairs

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Small Folding Beach Chairs

Can anyone tell me if small folding beach chairs are available to purchase anywhere in George Town? If so, any idea on cost? Thanks!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

bump!

anyone know?

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

We spent 2 years looking for the folding beach chairs that every big box store in the US sells to no avail. Not in Exuma or Nassau. We finally got lucky and found folding chairs in a bag (type used for camping or sitting out on the field watching kids sports) at the AID on Queens Highway near Palm Bay Hotel. I don't know if they are a regular item or a hit or miss but try there.

With Chat n Chill now being Chat and Chairless you need to be prepared with a BYO chair unless you don't mind lying on a towel. Someone in Exuma could make some good cash stocking those chairs

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

When the C & C do away with the chairs? We were there in May and they had the hard plastic Adirondacks.

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

Its not that they did away with them they just are not replacing broken ones I suppose. Just returned home and they only have 4 of those chairs left.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

Thanks for the information. I have found a few different chairs on line that will fit into my checked baggage and very light weight. Looks like beach chair are a commodity there!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

Hey sista- maybe I see a business opportunity here- haha- please send me the link to the chair you found! I guess we never sat down long enough to use a chair or, if we did it was on a deserted beach we pulled up to in the boat!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

I will email to you asap.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

The owner of the villa where we are staying told me that they have a problem with the beach chairs rusting and it is so expensive to ship replacements. They have regular patio furniture but not portable beach chairs. Personally I like to put my chair at waters edge and in this case to use on many of the sandbars around. So this is why I am on the search for the worlds smallest, lightest packable beach chair...lol

America's Dairyland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

Saw this at REI last weekend when looking to solve the same issue with chairs in Exuma.

rei.com/product/…video-inner

Little pricey and not sure if sand would muck up the collapsing frame, but definitely light and portable. It was comfortable sitting flat on the ground, I didn't even try the rocking back part.

Review here sounds good:

outdoorgearlab.com/Backpacking-Chair-Reviews…

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Folding Beach Chairs

Thanks Cheese- and everyone else for the great info. I actually saw this chair this morning, but not the video. So since you actually sat in the chair, what do you think about it for the beach? Are you going to buy or continue to look around? I don't have an REI close by and will have to order.

Can't wait to hear back from you,

Thanks again everyone,

Melanie, Warrior Sista