We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exuma weather in August??

Ottawa
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Exuma weather in August??

We are planning a trip to Exuma August 2017 and wondering what the weather is usually like? I know hurricane season begins in June and ends in November and I am wondering if it would be better to go in early August and not the end of August, since in past it seems like hurricanes really seem to start by September.

Any input would be great and yes I understand that no one can predict the weather but if anyone has travelled there in summer I would appreciate their input. Also planning on staying at Sandals.

12 replies to this topic
Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exuma weather in August??

Can't comment on August but we LOVE early July. Water is calm and warm. Hardly any wind. But it's HOT and humid. This past July on Cat was the hottest I've ever experienced but honestly one of my best trips yet. As long as you have a place to cool off and some shade you should be fine. You can get a tropical storm or the daily afternoon shower but I'd say historically the bad storms happen Sep, Oct and Nov.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exuma weather in August??

I pretty much agree with what Jungledriver said. In fact July is also my favorite time of year for the reasons she said, but ALSO because the hours of daylight are at their longest then (the latest sunset at 23 degrees latitude is actually 3 weeks after the summer solstice)

That being said, I'd absolutely aim to complete your trip by the middle of August. After that, the risk or tropical storms increases significantly.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exuma weather in August??

We visit exuma annually as we have a home on the island and have found August to be a great time to go. The water is fantastically warm and our kids love it. The odds of a hurricane are extremely remote and if you are worried you could always get the travel insurance. Need to have a house with AC otherwise you will die and also put on lots of bug spray at the beaches for the noseeums.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exuma weather in August??

Stock up on bug spray. Anytime of year in Exuma is honestly fabulous, August included.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exuma weather in August??

We will also be in Exuma, late July, early August. It will be our first time. We are so excited.

Houston
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exuma weather in August??

This will be our first time visit in Aug, arriving the 4th. I have never worried about the weather or the forecasts. If the weather ends up sucking, we'll just send our kids home and stay longer!

7. Re: Exuma weather in August??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:36 pm, April 12, 2017

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
972 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exuma weather in August??

End of July early Aug is a great time to go , I've been going in that time frame for the last 4 years Exuma/Eleuthera and have always had brilliant weather, it will be hot 🌞 and the water will be just perfect 😊 I will be heading back this year too " same time frame " last 2 weeks of August leading into Sept will up the chances of tropical weather conditions ,

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Exuma weather in August??

Hello! We are thinking to Exuma / Eleuthera for our honeymoon in early august but we are afraid to find too much rain that could spoil our time there. Has someone been there in the last August? How was the weather? Thanks!

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Exuma weather in August??

Hi @Don k, how was your trip? :)

Reply to: Exuma weather in August??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted