We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Perry, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Making a first trip ever to St. John... will be staying 4 nights at Gallows Point and looking for home to rent for 3-4 days at Coral Bay in mid-June for 2 adults and 2 "big" kids. So far, everything appears to be at least a week rental. Suggestions please! Thanks in advance.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Call the villa management companies or check their websites to see if you can 'squeeze' (meaning they have several days open) between two other rentals. If you can fill open days (3 or 4), you will likely get a better rate too. Also, some companies will rent for less than 5-7 days, but will charge you the cleaning fee.

You can find a list of the rental companies at www.stjohnusvi.com you can also check VRBO. Good luck.

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

As bluewater43 suggests, call the properties you're interested in. June is not high season, and I'm sure you'll find someone who is willing to rent to you. Windspree - www.windspree.com - specializes in Coral Bay properties. That's who I'd call.

Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Many properties managed by VIVA Villas have 5-day minimums in the offseason... They manage a number of properties in Coral Bay...

Perry, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Appreciate the quick response and help. Or, as a good Georgian, I should say, "Thank All Y'all!"

covington ga
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

though not coral bay, viewtiful on mamey peak has a wonderful view over coral bay, is a 6 minute dr to skinny legs (if you don't have to stop for the red light) or to maho. http://www.privatehomesvi.com/ handles and they have been receptive to last minute deals for me. stayed at nautilus on maria bluff that they no longer handle, 3 times for only 4 nites and got discount and stayed at viewtiful last july for a week with a standard discount.

she's older, roomy, comfortable and has fantastic views over coral bay and to north to jost. only has ac in bedroom with twin beds but breezes in great room and other bedroom are great. she's wide open for june and you might find mary agreeable to a 4 day rental that doesn't take a weekend day.

treehouse next door would also work but she's really rustic and no ac which under normal weather conditions won't be needed. at rack rate of $210 per night for 4 you could buy 5 and stay 4 and still have a deal! sometimes stj travel partner mack and I have treehouse on july 2014 list of suspects since wives have tightened our budgets.

both about a minute drive to my favorite attraction in the area, columbo's smoothie stand where they still give you free rum with a smoothie purchase! now that's a bargain.

you may find that march miller www.jamesmmillerpropertymanagement.com/ has something he could work with but of course the best coral bay inventory as has been mentioned is windspree.

happy hunting

papabou

Perry, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Great advice and leads... Thank you papabou!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Papabou - Where is there a traffic light?!! Please say it ain't so!!!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,644 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

There are 2 temporary traffic lights on Centerline Road while they fix the road damaged 4 years ago

Pia

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

Thanks Pia, I was thinking maybe that was it, but they weren't up yet during our last trip. Centerline was definitely in need of repair. There were barrels up but no work being done.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less than a Week Rental in Coral Bay?

We are staying at Coconut Hill in Coral Bay for 4 nights this June. It is listed on vrbo.