We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Spirit

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Spirit

We are looking to rent the Villa next year but are not able to find many reviews. The last villa we rented was not as it was advertised and had no reviews so we are a little cautious. Has anyone been there in the last year that would like to share details as to it's condition. The view is to die for but I was looking for a little more info on the state of the villa.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Spirit

We stayed at Sea Spirit in 2009 so not sure of it's condition today. The owner Terry who lives close by seemed to take much pride in her home and we were very pleased with our vacation there. The views are incredible!

The long drive out there is the only reason we have chosen not to return. But if you're looking for total seclusion you have found the perfect spot!

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Spirit

Would you happen to have Terry's contact information so I could contact her directly?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Spirit

http://stjohnusvivillas.com/aboutus.htm

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Spirit

Thank you so much, this will be a great help:)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Spirit

My wife and I stayed there in June 2009 and loved it. It's certainly not super-modern, but was in good condition overall. The A/C was struggling a bit and is loud, but it worked. Everything else, including the hot tub, worked. Also, if you have any issues, Terry is great about helping out. I would agree with the previous poster that the only drawback is how far away it is from Cruz Bay / northshore.

That said, the remote nature of this place means you don't hear or see another villa, the views are better than anything else I've seen on the island from a villa deck, and you are close to some of the best snorkeling on the island with Blue Cobblestone, Tektite, Kiddel / Grootpan. You are really close to Salt Pond and Lameshur beaches. It's a different vacation, and if you're wanting to spend most of your time on the northshore and eat in Cruz Bay, you may want to pick somewhere closer to that. It's a special place.

Edited: 10:13 am, December 20, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Spirit

We have stayed here twice. It was great! Terry was very hospitable and responsive. It is a little off-road, and by the end of a week or 10 days we got tired of the big ruts and rocks in the drive, but that is the only downside. A very private and beautiful view of the ocean and close enough to hear the water splashing against the big rocks just below the deck. Thanks, Terry. Joni & Dean

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Spirit

Where are Blue Cobblestone and Tektite located? I know that Grootpan and Kiddle are on either side of the villa. We have been to St John many times and I can't remember seeing these areas listed.

Chicopee...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Spirit

We're going to stay at Sea Spirit for the first time this October, will post a report when done.

Blue Cobblestone is very near Salt Pond Bay, instead of continuing south along the trail to the end of Rams Head Peninsula you cut east a short distance to a sheltered but as you can guess from the name rocky beach. There is a description here:

stjohnbeachguide.com/…20Beach.htm

The description is taken from a very good guide called "St. John Off The Beaten Track" by Gerald Singer, I hope the excerpt is used with permission. The book has a good selection of maps and photos to illustrate hikes, beaches, and snorkels on the island.

Tektite is reached from Great Lameshur Bay, you hike a ways down the east side of the bay and then do a moderately long snorkel around a point. A good description of the snorkel is also found in Singer:

www.seestjohn.com/snorkeling_tektite.html

Hope this helps,

Don

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Spirit

Thanks for the info, it was great. We will be at Sea Spirit in November so I look forward to your post. Enjoy your trip!

Chicopee...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea Spirit

You're quite welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy your return to St. John. Tektite is one of my favorite snorkels, you do need good conditions since you will be quite a ways from where you entered the water.

Tthe coral can "bloom" in some of the dark crevasses:

https:/…5476308387744975634

We've been followed by or run into barracuda:

https:/…5476308343516870018

Or found the only baby moray eel I've seen lodging in a brain coral:

https:/…5476308467477083826

https:/…5476308479515235954