We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cases Particulares

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Topic
Cases Particulares

I just returned from a 4-day 3-day night stay in Playa Giron. I stayed in one of the several cases particulares in the town. They may be a bit off the ocean, but from reading reviews of the one (and only) hotel option, I can say, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that private homes are the way to go. I stayed with Iraida ("Yaya") & Manolito, and this was definitely one of the highlights of the entire trip. This is a young family w/ two young children who got shipped off to relatives to accommodate us. However, Ma and Pa stayed on the premises to cater our every wish. 30 C.U.C. a night (per person) plus 4 for breakfast and 10 for dinner. Meals are whatever you want. Seriously, including lobster and other ocean delicacies. Yaya threw in a number of extras, including, fresh juice and sandwiches, throughout the days. We particularly enjoyed the little swimming pool in the backyard. Evenings were spent in comfortable chairs, out front, greeting and talking with locals who stopped by. Yaya and Manolito started this enterprise a little more than a month ago, and they're throwing heart and soul into it. Quite touching, and inspiring, really. For me, it's simple: Why would you stay in a hotel, w/ a bunch of foreigners, when you can live with "la gente" and get to know "la verdadera" Cuba? There are other such homes in the area. Right up the street, in fact, but this is the one I am recommending. Phone is the only connection, and here are the numbers straight from their business card: 53 (45) 98 4469, (53) 5 262 8393, (53) 5 247 6877).

15 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cases Particulares

Glad to hear you had a great experience!

canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cases Particulares

Glad you had a good time but 30 cuc per person is 30 more than I've ever paid. My wife & I have been staying in casa's since 04 & have never paid per person always per room. Hope this not something new.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cases Particulares

Per person?? That can't be right?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cases Particulares

Casa charges are ALWAYS per room so the OP is either a typo or it was two people who weren't sleeping together and each had their own room.

If the charge was indeed 60 CUC for two people in one room then I assume the mistake is a reflection of it being a brand new casa and the owners don't understand the pricing yet... it could be an honest misunderstanding...

Glad you had a great time, but it would be hugely appreciated if you could straighten out the confusion... Thanks...

Cheers,

Terry

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cases Particulares

Good point T,

Thanks for the posting,Space Mex!

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cases Particulares

You're right. It was 30 C.U.C. per room. I was alone and had my own room, which probably accounts for the misapprehension.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cases Particulares

Stayed there last year. Better, even than the review. They told us amazing places to swim. Explanations and stories of life in Cuba. I'm about to write them to see if we can come back.

We've stayed in many casas and we like them the best.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cases Particulares

I just got back from playa giron and I stayed at Casa de Manolito & Yaya that's a hidden paradise better than that is unsupportable

I stayed in the last years in many casas but this one is special

If you need any info let me know

9. Re: Cases Particulares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:31 pm, June 12, 2015

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cases Particulares

Daniel, it's never a good idea to put your personal email address on a public forum. You can just ask people to pm (personal message) you (click on your name, and then ''send message''. ) This is to protect YOUR privacy. I would respectfully suggest you remove your post (click on Report inappropriate content, at the bottom of your post, and then scroll down to Remove my post) and re-post without your email address.

Barb

Reply to: Cases Particulares
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Giron