We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

Port Sorell...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

Has anyone else been put off visiting Langkawi by the masses of garbage, plastic bottles, foam, bags etc floating in the sea and littering the beaches? Pantai Tengah was awash when we were there this June. Not at all like the beautiful photos you see before you go.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

In any travel brochure you will see pristine beaches and beautiful looking hotels anywhere in the world.They don,t show the horror pictures.

So -to answer your question.NO.

London, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

Cenang & Tengah used to be nice years ago. I'd give them both a wide berth now. Much better to stay at the top end resorts nowdays.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,519 posts
1,863 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

I did not notice any rubbish when I stayed in that area a few years ago. However it would assist if people did not drop rubbish.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

"however it would assist if people did not drop rubbish " writes preston travel .

Of course it would- thats obvious isn,t it ?

5. Re: Rubbish in sea and on beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, April 23, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Tengah