We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Hi,

I am currently doing my research for an upcoming honeymoon trip to the Maldives. I finally decided to book our stay at Six Senses Laamu, but I couldn't really find any specific details about Jetty C. Has anyone stayed there and can give more details about the water villas on this jetty or how the area around it looks?

Specifically,

I would like to know how the villas facing the sunset view (West) are. Is there enough lagoon space before the drop off? Are the waters rough? Is it still okay for snorkeling? I have no idea what to expect of the water area for our villa and want to try and find that information so I know where to book our room. (We are only staying in the Lagoon Villas, which will affect the water depth in front of our villa for sure. But as for the water area for those villas facing the sunset, I don't really know what to expect.)

What is the area like near the beach? I've read there is a lot of erosion of the beach near this area, so any comments speaking to this would be useful.

Any tips, from those of you who have stayed there before? I've read a few reviews about the picnic, private island being worth it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help!! So excited for this upcoming trip!!

Cheers!

Edited: 8:29 pm, March 09, 2013
6 replies to this topic
Surrey
Level Contributor
216 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

I'm at SSL now. There is a lot of erosion, full stop. Not just at Jetty C. Very disappointing indeed. Read the long review posted recently, it's spot on.

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Thanks for that. I saw those photos and was hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked... (maybe just a bad week at the hotel...?) No one else has really talked about it in their reviews yet, so thanks for your feedback.

It is interesting that he mentions in his review that they both don't seem to care while also aren't trying to "cover it up" whatsoever. If people do start mentioning it in reviews, maybe they will have to do something about it.

You are still enjoying yourself right? There are still many good photos to be taken of the island without all that mess, I hope?

Surrey
Level Contributor
216 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

In hindsight I would probably choose to go elsewhere. The resort seems to lack any real vibe, the first time I have experienced this (after 8 visits to different islands). Service is good, but you'd expect that anyway. For the amount of money this resort charges, it really is NOT worth it. If it's not too late, look at Huvafen Fushi, nice accommodation, good reef and very good service. I'm not sure why other visitors are not reporting the erosion but it seems that the management are not overly concerned, it truly detracts from the island and is in all honestly a big eye sore, and sorry, it's not a bad week at the hotel. This is permanent and will only get much, much worse.

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Oy... well thanks for that! We already finished the booking (for SSL), but this is also our first time in the Maldives... so maybe that will be okay for us. It seems that if you don't know any better (have no other resort/island to compare it to), SSL will be okay for your first visit.

I am going to make sure I address any of these problems (with erosion) once we return from holiday, in my review on here. Maybe if people finally start acknowledging the problem, the hotel will try to do what they can about it.

Thanks again for your helpful comments!!

Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Just looked at the pictures and am shocked by the erosion pictures. When we were there in oct we managed to walk round the whole island and there was only one area where there was an issue. It wasn't that bad.

As for vibe we loved it but we were on honeymoon, off to Reethi in a few weeks so maybe we will discover what we were missing.

Jaffa, Israel
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?

Just read your review and wanted to thank for you for posting those photos of jetty c, showing the erosion. Your review was very helpful as well, so thanks once more!

The hotel has recently been writing back to the newer reviews and it seems that they have some idea of how this problem will damage the hotel's reputation if something isn't done to correct these oversights. It will become a serious problem though, as people will not want to pay those prices for an island full of sandbag eye sores. (Not exactly what you come all the way to the Maldives to see.)

About the DJ, I read somewhere that he is leaving the resort in May sometime. Everyone in the reviews seems to rave on and on about him and sad that we will be missing him by a few months.

To Garth, have fun in Reethi!! That seems like a good place to find yourself at, if you listen to these boards.

Reply to: Anyone know more details about Six Senses Laamu Jetty C?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olhuveli Island
More Olhuveli Island Topics