We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Florence

6 posts
Save Topic
Flying into Florence

We're scheduled to arrive in Florence at 8am on Monday in May but were staying in Tuscany at Il Borro and we have a rental car for 5 days. We plan on spending at least one day in Florence maybe two but I'm thinking about starting our tour of Florence when we land as we will probably not be able to check into our hotel that early. If we choose to start touring around Florence that morning any ideas on where we could keep our luggage? I know we will be tired upon landing but its better to stay up and make the most of that first day since we arrive so early. I'm not planning on driving around Florence as i understand the driving hazards, just looking for opinions or options on how to make the most out of the first day in Italy!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Best Golden Tours
Sightseeing Tours
I Cocchieri di' Chianti
Eco Tours, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Florence

There is luggage storage at Florence SMN train station, though you can ask the hotel to store your luggage till check in time.

You cannot drive within Florence due to traffic restrictions and ZTL areas

roninrome.com/transportation.driving-italy

Car rental Florence airport www.auto-europe.com www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International Driving Permit for Italy.

www.discovertuscany.com

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Italy
Italy
Europe
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,985 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Florence

Take the luggage to your hotel....I am sure that they will store it for you until your room is ready.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Florence

Understand that is an option but since I'm flying into Florence should i take in some sights or head to Arezzo? I feel like I should enjoy Florence for part of the day before traveling to my hotel.

Thoughts or recommendations!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Arezzo
Arezzo
Province of Arezzo, Italy
4. Re: Flying into Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 19, 2014