We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded camping with Pets

Maspeth, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Secluded camping with Pets

Hello,

I'm looking for a campground not too far from NYC (2-3 hour drive) that has fairly secluded campsites (so we're not right on top of our neighbors) and allows dogs. We're not super loud but I'm turned off my Mongaup Pond's strict quiet hours. Ideally I'd love to be on/near water. Any suggestions??

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded camping with Pets

Most state campgrounds have those quiet hour requirements. Perhaps Devil's Tombstone campground if they are opening this year for camping? Or woodland valley campground - they both seem to be situated a little more away from things. Avoid North South Lake if you don't want to be with a lot of people, that campground is the most popular due to the hiking proximity and the lakes.

2. Re: Secluded camping with Pets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, July 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Catskill Region