We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

Which Boscobel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
141 posts
43 reviews
From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

So we are a BSB alumni - and are looking at booking just at the new year for Beaches Boscobel just for a quick getaway for 5 days. Just looking for some insight as to local getting out - is there is a place? What is in downtown Ocho Rios? can you just walk around and hit shops and restaurants and all? How is the beach? Any excursions that are on that further western side that are great compares to Montego Bay and Negril? Bringing 10 yr old son - who loves the beach and our sitter so was curious as to the insight considering what we loved so much about BSB was the intimacy - they way kids could just go and go and be kids - get food and ice cream, etc....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

i cannot speak to the boscobel resort myself as i've never been, but downtown ocho rios is a bustling centre much much bigger than the "central" Negril area... there are dozens on dozens of shops, restaurants ect, catering to locals and visitors alike..

downtown ocho rios is also about 20+ min drive from Boscobel (which is in a pretty isolated area)...

Excursions in the Ochi area are IMO some of the best on the island.. you have traditional tourist places lke the dolphin attraction, nature places like dunns river, turtle river falls, mixed attractions like mystic mountain and many many more....

Chelle

Northern Illinois
Level Contributor
141 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

Thank you. One more question is I know you can do a private flight from MB to negril, and it looks like, according to the map there is a small airport right by Beaches Boscobel. Any information on that?

I am looking from a comparison perspective, paying for the room upgrade to one of the terrace patio suites, if this will be similar in nature. I know this resort is not as big as Negril, and yet bigger than BSB.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

it's now called ian flemming airport and it's a full pledged international arrivals point (although it can only handle smaller aircrafts)... basically it's the airport of the rich and famous :) so while i have no info about domestic flights flying into here, i would expect taxes to be high

Chelle

4. Re: From Beaches Sandy Bay to Boscobel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 29, 2014