We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

Has anyone been to or know anything about this hotel. I know it is in the "Comfort chain" and that is what scares me.

Would love feedback if anyone has been or knows anything about it.

Les Freres Dubois
Wineries & Vineyards
Cully Classique
Points of Interest & Landmarks
AlohaSUP
Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

Hi bgrimma,

I haven't ever stayed there but have been past it a few times. It does look like a motel, and it sits on a major road.

There are lots of more charming hotels and B&Bs in the area. If you tell us when you're travelling and what your budget is, we may be able to help you find a nicer alternative.

s

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

I am looking for a place to stay for 3/4 nights in the Lusanne/Vevey/Montreux area. The last two seem hard places to find anything that is well recommended and under 200.00 US/per nt. Thought we might venture out to the smaller towns near the lake to get a better value. We would like to be near the lake but it is not mandatory.

I just found the reviews about the previously mentioned hotel and they are basically not good. Seems it is too noisy due to the road.

Appreciate your reply.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

See what you think of the Hotel Masson near Montreux (www.hotelmasson.ch) or the Hostellerie de Geneve in Vevey (www.hotelgeneve.ch) Both very attractive options in that price range.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

Hi again,

How many are in your party? It's not too hard to get a single room for $200/night; a little tough to get a double for $200/night; very hard to get a triple for that price. Hotels in Switzerland generally charge by the person.

The Masson mentioned above is a good choice.

Also try the Negociants in the old town in Vevey; a friend of mine stayed there and liked it. It is over a popular restaurant, so it can get noisy. But it's very convenient as it's only a few steps from both the lake and the train station.

Another little hotel in Vevey is the 3-star Bon-Rivage (www.bon-rivage.ch) where doubles are 200-270 chf. The hotel sits on the lakeside promenade just outside of Vevey (maybe five minutes to walk to town).

There are a few nice hotels in the sweet village of Morges (west of Lausanne), though I haven't stayed in any of them. One is the Hotel du Mont-Blanc au Lac, where doubles run 200-260 chf. You may find some other hotels if you search for Morges hotels on this site.

I hope this helps!

s

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

thanks for the replies. this gives me some ideas to work with.

appreciate all the info.

Canton of Vaud...
Level Contributor
143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

I agree with the comments already posted about the comfort hotel in Cully, it's only selling point is that it sits at the base of vineyards. A hotel that I stayed in about 3 years ago and enjoyed is the Hotel du Port in Ouchy. Ouchy is the port of Lausanne and has a lovely promenade, a marina as well as the Olympic museum. Ouchy is connected to Lausanne by a metro and to other lakeside town by a ferry service.

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

I wanted to let Swissfan know that we are booked at Hotel Masson for Sept. The place looks wonderful and we are very excited to have found a resonably priced hotel in the area.

Thank you for the tip and for everyone else that answered.

8. Re: Hotel Comfort Intereurope Cully Switzerland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cully