We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kandersteg in August

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kandersteg in August

My son is going to Kandersteg with Scouts in August. I am considering going to stay in Kandersteg or close by while he is there but not to have any contact with him but to have an holiday of my own without been too far away. Any suggestions of accomodation and things to do over a five day period?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,733 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kandersteg in August

Hi there,

See

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g198863-Kandersteg-Ho…

for accomodation.

The whole area is quite a nice part of the Alps, with the Loetschberg classic railway line connecting it to the north. Plenty of hiking, cable cars etc. and also daytrips to adjoining areas like Lake Thun and Brig/Aletsch.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
680 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kandersteg in August

We have stayed in Kandersteg many times over the past 20 years. Last summer we had a comfortable stay in the Adler apartments. These are apartmentsare located behind the Adler Hotel, near the train station, and just off the "main street". Kandersteg is a very small town. We particularly enjoy the cable car and short walk to Oeschinensee, a beautiful mountain lake above Kandersteg...a great place for lunch. The towns of Thun and Spiez are both on Lake Thun. Bern is probably less than an hour away by train. Check out the website www.kandersteg.ch, for additional activities and lodging. Have a great trip.

3. Re: Kandersteg in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, March 08, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Kandersteg