We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Which Adelboden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tle
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

I am traveling from Adelboden Oey to Zurich International (ZHR) in the evening of May 29 and am trying to determine the cheapest and not necessarily the fastest way to do this travel. Does anyone have suggestions on best fares for this trip. Bus or train or a combo is fine. I am not going to need a pass for any of my other days in Switzerland so that will not be an option. Fare I see is about 75 or more CHF. Thanks for the help.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Yes, you're right, the fare is 79 CHF.

I don't think there is any other way to do it apart from getting the bus to Frutigen, then the local train to Spiez and change there for the intercity to Zurich Airport.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

The shortest (and by accident the fastest as well) PostBus/Train ride is the cheapest you can get. CHF 79, to the Zurich Airport, full fare.

As an excuse you could say that single public transport users are "punished" for their rare behavior by high full fares.

tle
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Thanks. I was rather shocked by this fare but guess I will have to accept it. Is there any way to get a reduction for over 60 aged individuals.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Not for single time users.

tle
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

Buy your ticket last day and have a look if there are any supersavers tickets at that time. On www.sbb.ch

Tak

7. Re: Best price Adelboden or Frutigen to Zurich Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Adelboden