We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow Conditions End of March?

Which Leysin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester
Level Contributor
572 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Snow Conditions End of March?

My daughter, an experienced skier has the opportunity of a school trip to Leysin during the Easter holidays of 2013 which means between 22nd March and 7th April. I am concerned that there is a high probability of poor snow conditions by then. They usually go on these trips during February half term but the costs have become prohibitive during that week, however the Easter date is not a bargain if there is unlikey to be enough runs open! Would be interested to know from anyone who knows this resort. Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow Conditions End of March?

Hi earthtravelller

Weather and snow are not predictable as far in advance as this. The chance to have good conditions seems to be good this year, as there is a lot of snow in the Alps and we will even get more of it.

pore

p8

Gloucester
Level Contributor
572 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow Conditions End of March?

Thanks for your reply, it is next year she would be going and I realise it is impossible to predict but just wanted to know whether this is generally a late season resort, how snowsure for example if the slopes are south facing they may well usually be slushy at that time of year whereas north facing ones might be OK.

Reply to: Snow Conditions End of March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted