We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thermal waters

london
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
thermal waters

Would like to comblne a weeks walking holiday with a spa. Somewhere to relax after after a days walking with sauna and heated pool. Thinking of Leukerbad but not sure if there are enough day walks from there. Probably asking too much but would also would like self catering accomodation with nice views

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thermal waters

No problem in finding self catering apts in Leukerbad and the thermal spas are gerat there. As to walking - you will be in the Valais! If you run out of walks in and around Leukerbad, then take the post bus down to the main line station at Leuk and you can go anywhere else in the Valais to walk, including Zermatt! Walking in the vineyards of this canton is particularly superb!

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,900 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thermal waters

You can have a look for apartements hier:

leukerbad.ch/en/…18003

Normally apartements are rented from saturday to saturday. Make sure,that bedlinens are included, also endcleaning.Sometimes bathtowels are not provided. Not sure about the views.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thermal waters

It is standard here in the Valais to include all linens - and bath towels but NOT swimming towels. Since you will be in Leukerbad this is an important point and you will need to bring your own. "Linens" also include a couple of dish towels.

As noted rentals are generally Sat to Sat BUT you can negotiate this in low season. you say you want a week's holiday so most likely Sat to Sat will be OK for you.

In addition to rental cost you will have to pay a fee for cleaning the flat at the end of the stay and the daily Tourist tax. You pay all this to the agency from which you rent and they will specify how much it is. Electricity is always included but not phone calls nor, if you havea chimney, firewood!

hk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thermal waters

Hello,

I'm in Zermatt now with my kid. I plan to go thermal bath tomorrow. Should I choose Leukerbad or Brigerbad? Please advise.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thermal waters

I prefer Leukerbad, but Brigerbad has at least one water slide to my memory. If you do choose Leukerbad - I would suggest going to the Burgerbad there, as the Alpentherme has more of an adult vibe. Also, if you fancy it, the cable car up to the Gemmi pass is good.

hk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: thermal waters

Northwestlondoner,

Thanks.

It's always a pleasure to read your reply.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thermal waters

Brigerbad would probaby take less time from Zermatt. Not much in it though!

Luekerbad is more extensive, as I recall from a previous visit there.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thermal waters

creamycool - which one did you choose?

hk
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: thermal waters

Hello,

I went to Brigerbad today as it took less travelling time from Zermatt. We set off rather 'late' (12:39 pm train to Visp) as we had a morning hike from Blauherd to Stellisee. BTW, Stellisee is truly amazing as it has a post card perfect-reflection of the Matterhorn.

Brigerbad is more like a water park. But for kids, it is exciting enough. The high water slide and the 'pressure circular pool' made most of the fun. My son had a great time there.

Thanks for all your advice.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thermal waters

Glad you and your son had fun, and thanks for reporting back.