We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanks a billion

doha
13 posts
Save Topic
thanks a billion

hi everyone,

just returned from my fabulous vacation from switzerland....i would like to thank tymnatt, swandav, swiss fan a lot for ur valuable suggestions and all others too , without which my vacation could not hv been so memorable...thanks guys...

as per ur suggestions we stayed 4 nights at weggis, went to mount titlis and mt rigi from there and 4 days at murren, saw trummelback falls, jungfraujoch and schilthorn from there....it was just great....i had stayed at hotel central in weggis and the view from our lake facing room was just great.....it was so nice and peaceful....we spent half a day at lucerne and ran back to the peaceful surrounding of weggis...the boat ride in and out of weggis was too good....we enjoyed each and every bit of our vacation and i was thanking u guys whenever basking in the glory of mother nature......and at rigi katlbad ,v had a great horse carriage ride around rigi katlbad with its stunning views...v stayed in hotel central am see but used to go to hotel beau rivage for dinner...dinner was quite good there....i would not recommend central for food...its pretty bad there....but breakfast was good...

murren was also very good with its views,but the view was snow capped peaks and a rocky..... i wished v had stayed in lauterburnen for the greenary and the falls....but since it was just below murren v used to just go down and stroll around....i loved the picture perfect scenary of stechelberg jus below the cable car station on way to trummelbach..perfect for great photos........at murren v stayed at hotel alpenruh....great hotel with great views, great food and extremely hospitable staff....mr.urs brotchi and his team were just great helping us in daily weather forecast and suggestions of local sightseeing ....the candle light four course dinners served was very tasty and will linger in our memories for ever....v had taken a package called "time out in murren" which included half board with three nights accomodation , free schilthorn tickets for two from stechelberg, and two massages...v has added one extra day to this package....after a tiring day from jungfrajoch ,the massage was just what i wanted.....it made me feel fresh and all set for the next day.....i would hightly recommend hotel alpenruh for everyone visiting murren....

so thats a short summary of my stay ....thanks a lot folks for all ur advise...may god bless u all

bye

1. Re: thanks a billion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 18, 2009